Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Satisfied
By Gloria

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The leather on the driver's side started to split and have dry cracks in less then three years old and I wonder if it is due to the heating element in the seats. This is the first time having the heating element on my seat and I welcome this during the winter months but the leather did not last. The leather type material around the joy stick element is starting to peel exposing the metal. The black paint around the stereo CD is starting to peel as well. The electronic seats on the driver's side starts to squeak when it goes forward and backwards. Don't know what causes this when the passenger seat does not make this sound.

I like the heating elements on the seats during the winter months. I like the passenger side mirrors especially when you reverse the car. I like the seat adjustments for height and comfort. It does has a smooth drive.

More comfortable seats and feel soft like the volvo seats. Toucher leather to withstand the heat and not wear out so fast. A foot relaxer on the driver's side. Better mirrors and glove compartments.

Cool Chicks Cruise in Caddy's
By caddy girl

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS rocks in its sporty style and luxury styling. I never thought I'd be a Caddy girl but I feel glamorous behind the wheel and rock out with the superb sound system. I cannot wait for the 09 CTS-V and STS-V. Quite frankly, I could afford the other luxury vehicles (BMW, Mercedes, Audi) but none of them had the same qualities I found in my CTS. My Cadillac is as hot as a pin-up girl - everyone takes a second look because she's smokin' hot! I'm proud to be a Caddy girl!

It just looks beautiful. Sound system is excellent and you cannot beat OnStar service.

Getting two for the price of one since its hard to decide on a color!

Snow Joke
By CawfeeTawk

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

While I've thoroughly enjoyed the way this car handles and drives, it's a nightmare in the snow. Long Island,NY had only 3 snowy days, one with real accumulation. This car couldn't even negotiate a one inch ridge of icy snow leaving me unable to get of a parking space. I needed to be towed a few times over the winter because the rear wheel drive is so inadequate (even with "Stabili-trac & snow traction engaged). I never had this issue with front wheel drive cars and I would never buy or lease a rear-wheel-drive vehicle again. With that said, if an all-wheel-drive version is available and affordable, I'd be in it in a NY minute.

Peppy acceleration, responsive handling, nice, comfortable ride. The size is perfect for my lifestyle which sometimes includes driving with a few people in the rear seat.

All wheel drive should be offered as an affordable option!

Good Car!
By DB

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Very nice looking car. Very road worthly. Fun to drive. Two years old and no problems.

Handling.

Make navigation a standard feature.

My 3.6L CTS Experience
By breaga01

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Very quick responsive fun car to drive. All that fun is hard on the tires as I found out when I had to replace them at 25K. A great looking car unique to Cadillac, It's easy not to confuse it with other cars because of its styling.

Full Ebony interior and lack of wood grain. The fact that the styling is not an old man's car and it does not have woodgrain on the dash or console.

Remote start. Better computer display (too much on the radio display), better radio. Take the volume dial off the steering wheel(dumb). Add rain sense wipers and outside auto dimming mirrors as standard equipment. Limit wood grain to door handles, shifter and steering wheel. Add some carbon fiber to interior.