Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Catillac CTS A Quality Car!
By Rich

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 2 neighbors have the CTS. They are both very pleased with the performance. I purchased 1 month ago and driven the car another 2,000 miles! My car had 22,674 miles on it. The drive is smooth and quiet. I traded a Toyota Solara. I can't believe the ride difference. I also have a 2005 Acura TL. The Cadillac's ride, feel and quality so far are better than the Acura! The gas mileage is the same as the Acura at 23 to 25 mpg combined highway and city. The steering wheel controls are excellent. The car is tight and looks brand new! I have the Navigation with Bose system and XM. Wow it has fantastic sound. The two tone seats and wood trim, make the car stand out!

Peppy (3.6L) from the gate! XM and navigation! Luxury package with memory seats!

Trunk heavy, hard to lift up for my wife. Locking gas cap, handles on side of the roof where driver and passenger side windows meet. Acura has it as well as many foreign cars! Helps to get in or out and take corners and turns. Otherwise car is perfect!

I Love My CTS
By BBC

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love my CTS! I have driven many other types of vehicles and makes (including BMW) and this is my favorite car yet! I have no complaints at this point I did have to replace my tires sooner than in previous vehicles (due to fun driving excursions). I live in the south so I have no problems with snow and/or ice. It does handle well in the rain. This is my first Cadillac and I am already planning to purchase a new CTS this coming year!

Exterior styling & handling, wood grain on the steering wheel and accents.

Interior - not so much rubber and plastic. Better radio and radio display.

Great when it runs!
By Kate

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have loved my CTS for 4 years, except for minor glitches(when the sun roof kept opening at will. It took several tries to get that fixed! Then just 800 miles out of warranty, the timing chain broke!

Style - cool

This is not your mother's Cadillac
By doc

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I like this car generally. At first ride I was impressed with the handling and performance. However, over time, the ride seems a little harsh over imperfect roads (which most are around here). I like the look of it and the fact that it represents at least one American car company that is attempting to compete with the imports. I know there is a trade off with ride and performance but I was expecting a smoother riding car since, after all, this is a Cadillac. I like the volume control on the wheel. I don't have the problems with it that others have expressed.

Styling, both in and out, controls, engine

Better ride to handling balance for a luxury car. Add radio recall as one of the steering wheel button options.

Good but good be better
By jjnewlife

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Our CTS has been mostly reliable save for the electronic dash that seems to go black every so often. Shutting off the car for a few minutes brings it back. Check engine light came on once. Dealer could not find the fault. Reset and been ok since. A car of this price should have more than an ugly black plastic dash. (something GM changed in 2008) Minus? Depreciation. The worst I ever experienced. This 3 year old car is not even worth 40% of what it cost new. Seat belts are awful. No passenger grab handle. Quite an omission in a $45,000 car. Overall the CTS is a very fine $25-30k automobile. But $45K? Forget it.

XM Radio, handling and performance, good looks. Competitive warranty.

Better looking dashboard, adjustable seat belts, grab handle for passenger. Don't get a sunroof if you are over 6'. Changing the rear tail light bulbs is a major hassle.