Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Recurrent Problems
By nobby45

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoyed my CTS for approximately one year. After that I have had recurrent problems with the check engine light, especially recently, coming on nearly every two months. I have had the timing chain replaced three times in less than a year. Each time, I have had to wait at least a month for the part which causes high rental car fees. I have been extremely disappointed. This is the first and last Cadillac I will ever buy.

Good ride and very comfortable.

Better service as far as getting parts from GM.

Catillac CTS A Quality Car!
By Rich

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 2 neighbors have the CTS. They are both very pleased with the performance. I purchased 1 month ago and driven the car another 2,000 miles! My car had 22,674 miles on it. The drive is smooth and quiet. I traded a Toyota Solara. I can't believe the ride difference. I also have a 2005 Acura TL. The Cadillac's ride, feel and quality so far are better than the Acura! The gas mileage is the same as the Acura at 23 to 25 mpg combined highway and city. The steering wheel controls are excellent. The car is tight and looks brand new! I have the Navigation with Bose system and XM. Wow it has fantastic sound. The two tone seats and wood trim, make the car stand out!

Peppy (3.6L) from the gate! XM and navigation! Luxury package with memory seats!

Trunk heavy, hard to lift up for my wife. Locking gas cap, handles on side of the roof where driver and passenger side windows meet. Acura has it as well as many foreign cars! Helps to get in or out and take corners and turns. Otherwise car is perfect!

I Love My CTS
By BBC

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love my CTS! I have driven many other types of vehicles and makes (including BMW) and this is my favorite car yet! I have no complaints at this point I did have to replace my tires sooner than in previous vehicles (due to fun driving excursions). I live in the south so I have no problems with snow and/or ice. It does handle well in the rain. This is my first Cadillac and I am already planning to purchase a new CTS this coming year!

Exterior styling & handling, wood grain on the steering wheel and accents.

Interior - not so much rubber and plastic. Better radio and radio display.

Great when it runs!
By Kate

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have loved my CTS for 4 years, except for minor glitches(when the sun roof kept opening at will. It took several tries to get that fixed! Then just 800 miles out of warranty, the timing chain broke!

Style - cool

This is not your mother's Cadillac
By doc

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I like this car generally. At first ride I was impressed with the handling and performance. However, over time, the ride seems a little harsh over imperfect roads (which most are around here). I like the look of it and the fact that it represents at least one American car company that is attempting to compete with the imports. I know there is a trade off with ride and performance but I was expecting a smoother riding car since, after all, this is a Cadillac. I like the volume control on the wheel. I don't have the problems with it that others have expressed.

Styling, both in and out, controls, engine

Better ride to handling balance for a luxury car. Add radio recall as one of the steering wheel button options.