Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Black Raven CTS
By 2005 CTS

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have (and do) owned BMW's for years. I am a member of BMWCCA and really appreciate these cars but I was ready for something different. I love this CTS as does my wife who is not a "car person." I have not had any type of problem in these first 9 months. My car is black with all options made plus numerous dealer extras, rear spoiler, back-up light louvers, grill, custom ss exhaust system, cold air intake, complete interior wood and more. Often people stop me to say it is beautiful and ask more about it. I am a car nut and not easy to please but this one has done it. Style is of course a matter of taste but I think this has it all. I have heard some negatives on the interior but do not agree.

The engine with varible valve timing producing excellent power at any RPM range or speed. The navigation system, satelite radio, and OnStar are great. It drives very solid with excellent brakes and handling.

I do not know of anything at this time.

A delight to drive and own
By dvc

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Cadillac of this ilk: two Cateras and now two CTS. Obviously I have been highly satisfied with all, despite critics who bemoaned the "unreliability" of the Cateras (not true) and the "lack of information" on the '03 CTS. My experience is that the latest CTS is a great car: fine performance, wonderful design and absolutely no trouble.

Design, nice acceleration, precision steering and body solidity.

Need more like this in Europe!
By martin

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I ever had. Last one was a Mercedes, but this one...

What a thrill!
By Jim Stewart

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The power is exhilarating! The road maneverabilty is great. It corners very well and it turns around "on a dime". I highly recommend the CTS to everyone.

The satellite radio and everything about the car. The styling is great! We especially like the lines; it's not a square box or a rounded box like every other car.

We can't think of any at this time, maybe we haven't had the car long enough, but we are thrilled with the car in every way.

2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6
By Ken Neal

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Have not had any problems. Fun car to drive not only the accelerating but it hangs to the road with a small turning radius.

Acceleration and turning radius.

None to speak of at this time.