Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Not a Real Standout.
By Ron

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had mine for 5 months with 5,000 miles on it. I like the car generally, for the reasons I purchased it - stand out design, performance. However, I think it's a pretty average GM car in most ways. It lacks the "luxury" amenities you would find in other cars of this price range. For example, you get the same generic key fob as a Chevy Astro with no standard alarm or window roll down feature. And no locking fuel door? Are you kidding me? And while the performance is good, it's nothing to write home about. Assembly is not that good either. Rear bumper cover feels loose, and the passenger doors have to be slammed to be shut properly. While these aren't critical issues, this car can improve.

Overall performance; handling; small turning radius; unique styling; navigation system

Usable sized glovebox; locking fuel door; fold-down rear seat.

Cadillac CTS 2005
By Everett Coker

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The ride is smooth and the handling is good. Car responded when asked and was quiet while riding. A/C could be a little quiter.

Style, performance and size is perfect. The interior is great and comfortable. I like the dual a/c feature and the dual exhaust.

Quiter A/C is the only thing I can think of.

Incredible Car
By Nick

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for six months and 15,000 kms with no problems. It is great to drive, the transmission is silky smooth, and it has great power in all ranges. GM has a winner here.

The Bose stereo.

None come to mind.

My New Car Experience
By Ken

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have not gotten the performance or gas milage that I understood that I would get. I don't know what is wrong with my car but it is not the same car that is discribed in these reviews. It just does not measure up to other cars that I have owned.

Looks.

I don't know how to answer this as others who owners of this car seem to have gotten a much better car than I have. I traded in a vehicle that was much better than this one and I think that I paid way too much for this car as it does not perform up the the standard that I expected.

Sharp car, great performance & handling
By cadillacmike

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 6th Cadillac, and my wife absolutely loves it even if she won't admit it. It has rather sharp styling (I like the STS better) but everyone likes it. The black is real nice when it's clean. Power and handling are superb, interior comfort is unsurprassed, and Cadillac continues to refine their memory system, this car can remember the seat position, radio settings, climate control, exit preference, Twilight Sentinel settings, mirrors, and it even has a personalized name for each key holder! The XM Satellite radio is superb. We were originally not going to get the navigation system, but once she found out that it can play DVD movies it was all over. You can even watch while driving!

Engine performance, handling, personalized memory settings, interior room, fuel economy, nice polished wheels, Nav system that can play DVD movies, XM Satellite radio and Bose audio system - nicely integrated with the Navigation system.

Why did Cadillac delete the automatic parking brake pulloff? They also seem to have deleted the cornering lights and the power trunk pulldown?! The car should have chrome exhaust tips with the $8,000 option package which my car has. Better colors are Silver, Blue or Stealth Grey.