Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Cadillac Builds a Winner
By JHoss

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My new 2.8L CTS rocks. The design, performance, and interior quality are extremely impressive. The 2.8L engine provides impressive acceleration.

The XM satellite radio and sunroof.

Better packaging options .

Best in it's class
By CadillacMan

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Before I got my CTS this year I was driving a 2003 Cadillac Catera, which the CTS replaced. The Catera was a poor attempt to compete with the other luxury automakers who had made entry level automobiles. The CTS though is a vast improvement that not only looks better, but drives better, and comes with much more standard equipment and even better options. This has been one of the best cars that Cadillac has made so far. I would guess that the CTS is probably one of Cadillac's most successful vehicles since the STS, which also took the same form as the CTS when they were remaking the Sevilles. It is just a little larger but for the most part it is the same car. The CTS is also nicely priced.

My favorite features about this car are the sport shift which allows me to drive it as if it was a manual, the adapative cruise control which allows me to speed up and also slow down without having to push the gas or the break, and the power moonroof.

Well to compete with it's similar vehicles in its class, such as Lexus and BMW I would sugguest that the CTS has the new tehcnology of push start which is in the STS. I would also sugguest that they have run flat tires like the BMW so that it looks more sporty. This is a feature that is in demand.

Very pleased
By Mine!

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Cadillac - I was considering my first non-American purchase since buying a used Honda from a family member several years ago. My father has had several and purchased an STS in the past couple of months in black - which was the color I thought I wanted. When I put my feature list together, the dealer could DX the car in silver, white or red. I love the red! People make a point to tell me they like the car.

Complete air bag system - may I never have to use it, but I feel safe in this car. Bose stereo - set for driver's side, nice! Great manuvering. I drive it 100 miles every day I go to work - on the Beltway it is great.

A glove box that fits more than the owners manual. But really, if I get more passenger legroom and a safer airbag configuration, that is worth it.

Loving my CTS
By NatsCTS

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS is very nice, I enjoy driving it. I have had no trouble at all with it and it's sleek and sexy. It handles the road with such precision. Test drive one and see for yourself!

Adjusting and heated seats, the wood interior and the fabulous leather seating, WOW.

None

CTS
By Bill

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car based on the style and a friend's enthusiastic endorsement. It's a good riding car, but the engine runs much rougher than my Honda's ever did. I am kind of disappointed with all the plastic in the interior and with the low gas mileage. The cigarette lighter hasn't worked since I drove it off the lot. But...everyone loves the styling.

Styling and electronics.

Add a fold down rear seat. Less plastic in the interior. Re-designed ashtray with a light. Bigger glove compartment.