Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

CTS lives at the shop!
By Zldjan

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been nothing but problems from the day I received it. It has had problems with its electrical system, transmission, clutch, alignment, differential, driveshaft, tires, interior trim, you name it. I have had to make multiple trips to the dealer to get the same problem fixed. Me and the rental guy at Enterprise car rental are now on a first name basis At this point I have gotten GM customer service involved and I am hoping they come through and do the right thing. This is my first GM and so far I’m not so impressed with the quality, but the car is sexy and it has helped me meet some wonderful people in the towing and car rental industries.

The body style!

Improved quality, iPod docking, Bluetooth, better entry remote or nicer keys like the Benz or BMW.

CTS review
By ziskie

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS' handling has been exceptional. It glides down the highway and has gotten lots of "wows" on ride quality from friends who have been in it. The soundproofing and speaker system are very good. I like the style too - it sticks out in the crowd without being ostentatious. There are lots of BMWs and Mercedes where I live, but my Caddy looks better and gets more notice.

The very good turning radius - it makes U turns and tight angles a breeze.

Improve the city gas mileage, make the navigation system more intuitive - it is not easy to enter the destination you want to get to.

2005 CTS
By TGR

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 2005 Cadillac CTS is a pleasure to drive. I drove it 3,800 miles in three weeks and had a blast. Its performance for a 255 hp V6 is great. The best part are the perks associated with Cadillac ownership. The Mid-Missouri dealership treats us like family. I will purchase again.

We like the looks, performance and safety features of the Cadillac. The memory features, OnStar, and XM radio are great. The car feels solid. My wife loves the heated seats.

Make the center dash between instruments and glove box so it sticks out little less. With the advanced electronics system, the radio should be made EASILY upgradable for a plug in XM radio system that will display on cars stereo screen if the customer chooses to upgrade after factory.

Luxury and Performance!
By CML

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS is an amazing performance vehicle! What a great combination of luxury and performance! It is definitely the most fun car I've ever driven. It has incredible "pick-up" and gets out of the way of everyone rapidly. I get comments from even strangers regularly about "what a nice car" you have.

I love the navigation system! The Bose sound system is fantastic and XM Radio is a dream! I like everything about this car. Love the sunroof, and sport package!

It would be nice if the glove compartment was easier to get to and held more in it. A DC outlet for plug would also be great. The only one in the front is in the ashtray and is awkward to get to. There's nothing much to complain about here with this "stylin car."

My New 04 CTS
By xtranaut

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Now, you might think me sick. I just traded my 2001 Jaguar XKR for a 2004 CTS. Object: get practical and stay sporty. First drive on the car - great, smooth, and agile on the freeway. Around town, it is noisy and a little clunky though. I have the sport suspension. This car is loaded except for navigation. The interior trim is really American cheesy. Why can these automakers spend a little more to make a little more? You can't play with the Germans and Japanese unless you at least MEET their specs. The dealer did a faux CTS-V package with mesh grille, spoiler, and 18 wheels (from STS) with new Michelins. Plus the color is a premium red. It looks like a hot streak. It is only what Chevy should have done with Impala.

I love the body style, 3.6 260 engine, OnStar, and Bose stereo.

Improve the chessy plastic interior, put 18 inch wheels stock, shorten the car, and put a 300 hp Northstar motor in as an option.