Used 2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (200 reviews )

Great On All Roads
By John Morookian

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I'm retired. Other than local driving, I take long trips with one or no passengers. My CTS's sport suspension, Stabilitrack, traction control, 17" Wheels, etc. make it handle great on Interstates and secondary roads. The seats allow comfort for 8 - 10 hours behind the wheel. I drive from Prescott, Arizona to both Southern and Northern California often. I have enjoyed separate drives to: the Canadian Rockies, Branson MO, Durango and Salida CO, Washington, D.C., Roswell NM, and Tombstone, AZ. I have installed a dashboard mounted GPS Navigation Unit that has proven invaluable. The fold-down rear seat-backs allow me to carry my Mountain Bike to nearby bike trails. It does what I want it to!

I like how this car gets up to 30 mpg on level Interstates at 70 mph. The V6 engine revs immediately and gives amazing passing power when called upon. The 5-speed automatic transmission complements the engine. The body is very solid and lets the driver know he is in control when using the excellent handling features.

Give it a larger pad for the driver to rest his left foot on. The top of the storage bin between the front seats should be same height as the left elbow rest pad on the driver's door, to allow the right elbow to be at a comfortable position. Improve the right-rear visibility when backing out of parking spaces at an angle, for safety.

Can't Get Enough
By Happy American

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I was warned about buying a Cadilac but I read so much about what GM had done recently and that the plant that the car is built in had won numerous awards when competting with all the manufacturers so I bought American! Well, I can not be more happy. I have let friends with BMWs and other cars drive it and all you have to do is look at thier faces after they get out of the car. They know what I now know. Cadillac is back and they can compete with anyone. Don't take my word, go test drive and will have the same face my friends have after they drive it.

The smooth transmition and agility.

Make satilite radio standard.

CTS
By Mark

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This car is comfortable both in city and highway driving. For the size, comfort and power I think that the mileage is respectable. I have had two E-Class Mercedes, a Lexus SC400 and LX470 and three Corvettes in the last 10 years but for some unexplainable reason I like this car best.

The smoothness, handling and reliability. Everything is where it needs to be. It's not as quiet as the Lexus but it's much better than the Mercedes.

The interior in the 2004 is too plain, it took some getting used to. The new model is better, I look forward to the redesigned 2007/08.

Do Not Buy, Definitely Don't Lease
By sawuscoming

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Obviously, most positive reviews are looks and fun. It does look good, but is only fun in optimal driving conditions. If sliding (from a stop at slow acceleration) on slightly wet pavement is is fun, it's fun. I've driven in Illinois winters for sixteen years; this is the only car I've ever slid off the road in. Interior looks good for awhile, but black finish on control buttons has chipped off. Interior lights dim off and on, and the cruise control has been disengaging--it only has 18,000 miles on the car. To this date, it has had three recalls. Don't waste money on a tired name when there are car quality companies producing luxury vehicles built with the driver in mind.

Appearance

Reliabilty/stability in wet conditions, quality/durability in mechanics to reflect what is expected given the pricetag.

Cadillac CTS
By James Anderson

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy the sporty looks and the European feel, firmer drive of the Cadillac CTS. It gets great gas mileage and has plenty of power. It also draws a lot of lookers!

The styling.