Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 268 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (268 reviews )

To think, I was looking for a p/u truck!
By Angela

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Saw a used CTS in a dealer's lot - I was actually looking for a pick-up truck. I took a test drive, just for fun. Dismissed it at first, because I never saw myself as a Cadillac owner. From looking over many other vehicles, I bought the Cadillac. Biggest misconception is people think its an 8- cyl., which GM needs to highlight. Fuel efficiency could be better, but it IS a 'sports' car, nothing like the whip your grandpa drove. One minor repair in seven months, but I got a good deal and an ext. warranty in a bad economy. The dark red looks sharp and I'm happy. Remember, the WAY someone drives can affect the reliability of a car. Be good to it and it will probably be good to you. :)

Styling and handling are great. The truck space is remarkable in a car this size. For a 6-cyl., the thing takes off, and no one believes its an '03!

Radio and programming for eletric seats could be more user friendly. Hub caps had a little patterned oxydation, but it looks like a manufacturing defect.

Lots of Miles, Lots of Fun
By Casey

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I am surprised to read so many reviews with people having problems with their CTS'. I have put over 100k miles since purchasing mine used almost 4 years ago. It now has 155,000+ miles on it and I am just now having to replace the fuel pump. Other than that, no significant problems. My 03 still looks great and gets plenty of compliments.

Tons of airbags, Bose stereo system with 6 disc changer, optional "Sport" mode, heated seats, power memory driver seat, OnStar, controls in steering wheel.

The rear center brake light casing has popped off a couple of times. Expensive from the dealership, but not too bad on ebay.

More Cadillac Junk
By sucker

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This was a very exciting purchase for my family because it was our first Cadillac. We bought it used because we couldnt afford a new CTS. We quickly found out we couldnt afford a used CTS either. These cars have a lengthy list of faults from engine design to creature comforts. The biggest fault the vehicle has would have to be the extensive use of electronics and other devices that are not needed, however if these units fail, the car doesnt run. Anytime anyone touchs a Cadillac for repair, plan on a minimum of $1000. Better yet, pass on the Caddie and buy a normal car. The Cadillac name is not made from quality anymore.

The favorite feature was the body lines of CTS. It had great lines and good feal for a four door.

The biggest improvement GM can make is to kill the Cadillac name all together and hope for one of the other car manufacturers to bail out GM. Cadillac is not made to quality.

Thought I'd Love my CTS...
By Kvincent

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Got it with low mileage, seemed to be in great condition. With in a few months of the warranty being up I had several issues. My airbag light came on, thermostat shot, both brake lines blew on 2 separate occasions costing me over $100 in tows, had a quote of $875 for all 4 brakes and rotors...the list goes on. I will say it is a beautifully styled car and is easy to fall in love with, just needs to be mechanically built better.

Exterior styling

Entire engine.

Great up to 50,000 miles
By GW

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased new July 2003. Loved the body style, American made, and fit my bad back perfectly (very little lumbar support). Great sound system with the Bose, complicated dash settings but ok, and after a Lexus 400 (new), Mercedes S series (new), and everything from Grand Prix's to Infiniti's, I was pleased. At 50,000 miles the problems started. Cost $500 to replace a bad thermostat, and it seems the repairs increase every month. I'm at 65,000 miles and ready to sell.

Still a good look and drive, although I made a huge mistake not getting the sport package. Too cushy without it, and a little too much lean. I like a drivers car, and this is borderline.

Quality. Geez, make a turn signal bulb that doesn't require a lift to replace, and a headlight replacement that doesn't require dismantling the front end.