Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 269 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (269 reviews )

Great If Garage Kept
By reggaebooba420

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Depending on where you live can play a huge role in the yearly damage on your car, rain, humidity, extreme heat and cold weather are all happening factors. I keep mine in the garage and never miss an inspection or oil change. With only 37,000 miles, 6,100 yearly average, my Cadillac provides luxury and comfort for swinging and banging on the streets of Houston.

Sport Shift, Radio, Passenger Side mirror when put into reverse.

Many! read other articles!

Unsure What to expect
By Edder

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car 6 days ago. I traded my high mileage Taurus SES in for it. It is 7 years old and has 44K miles, one owner. I had a pre purchase inspection done on it and my mechanic found a leaking oil sending unit and leaking valve cover gaskets, $700 to fix. I got the dealer to reduce the price by $1000. The car has new brake lines because it was a recall item. On the sixth day I was going to visit family and while sitting at a stoplight it just died and won't start. I had it towed to my mechanic and I am currently waiting to hear what it is!!!! I just sunk over $3K in the last year on my last car..... I bought a newer one to get away from repairs. Irony

Body Style, fun to drive, great ride, great interior

Stop making "American" made cars with parts "Made in China". What ever happened to good old US Steel??? Luxury cars should be quality built. Considering a Lexus for next vehicle.

pleased
By kstaff22

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought 2003 with lux package-17' wheels for my wife in Jan 2003.We liked the ride and handling and have taken it a couple trips to FLA.Had a few issues which I expected since it was the 1st year of a new model. After a couple months their was an issue with the steering rack that cadillac replaced--after that no problems.There was a recall on the Goodyears that they replaced at 25k--- and a rim that pitted that they replaced---so I didn't have to spring for new tires till almost 60K miles! Live outside of Buffalo NY---handles well in the snow. Looking forward to getting a new CTS-4 next year after I get my moneys worth out of these new tires.

Bose Stereo,Winter/sport shifting

more horsepower (like the newer ones)

Nice Car
By Caddy owner

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased used and only had to replace the battery in about two years. Very reliable car and very easy to conduct routine maintenance. I am not a mechanic yet it took me about an hour to replace all brakes and routers. Fast car and handles great. Nothing to complain about.

Everything

Frustrating Problems
By c_rey4

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 38k miles and a clean CARFAX report. I was very happy with the vehicle until I hit the 58k mile mark. My check engine light came on at this point and I discovered my thermostat quit working. After doing some research online, I found this is an overwhelmingly common issue. Before I got the car in to be repaired, the engine started making a terrible "wobble" noise. All of the bearings went bad on the front of the engine. I decided to replace the thermostat, tensioner pulley, and water pump myself. 5k miles later and my thermostat is bad again. My AC compressor seized at 70k miles as I was driving on the highway. $2k in repairs this year alone and I did the work...

When it's running error free, it's a smooth ride. Good amount of power. Comfortable. Sharp exterior.

Build quality - cheap parts used intermittently in the engine and in the interior. Leather quality. I drove a coworkers 2008 CTS and they've improved many of these issues; why did they wait 5 years to do so though?