Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 268 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (268 reviews )

If I knew then what I know now
By Julie

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Repairs that I had within an 18 month period: 1. Piston.$700 (67,000 miles) 2. Throttle motor.$1200 (84,000 miles) 3. Steering column replacement.$800 (86,000 miles) 4. Air bag $350. (80,000 miles) bad sensor.$250. (72,000 miles) 5. Another $400 repair; I cannot remember what type because there have been too many. This occurred at 80,000 miles I don't even want to total up the money I have spent on car repairs. I'm upset enough already. I will never purchase a cts again.

Automotive

Never buy again
By Shay

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I liked the looks of this car when it first came out so I bought one. I should have waited until they figured out the problems. I had instant problems with the check engine light. It took 5 trips back to the dealer before they figured out that it was the thermostat and had to reset the sensors every time. Now it dies when you come to a stop. The final kicker was the headlamp. It went out so I looked in the manual on how to replace it. Of course it said see dealer. They quoted me $1100 to replace it. How stupid is the design team at GM? I will never buy another GM car.

Looks

A head light that the owner can replace. Smother over bumps. Dash is too close to the passenger. More reliable engine.

Fun CTS
By dtb2

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

We had this CTS since the month of December in the year of 2007 and this car still drives like new. The only problem on the car is that something is rattling under the hood whenever we take off fast or if the car is in park, but we love this car, and this car is so nice that i'll pass it down to my son for his first car. We love CTS and I recommend it to anybody who likes them.

Sport Button, The Exterior, The Interior, Chrome rims

The rattling noise under the hood

Don't Buy
By rdols3

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

We Purchased this car about 3 to 4 years ago, and it has been nothing but a nightmare. We have had one problem after another. We have only put 20,000 miles on it and the rest of the time it has been in the garage for repairs. We owe almost $12,000 on it and can't even drive it. I have contacted Cadillac but they will not respond to my emails. Do Not Buy This Car!

Comfort! This car is very comfortable and wonderful to drive when it runs!

Engine & Electrical everything!

Great If Garage Kept
By reggaebooba420

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Depending on where you live can play a huge role in the yearly damage on your car, rain, humidity, extreme heat and cold weather are all happening factors. I keep mine in the garage and never miss an inspection or oil change. With only 37,000 miles, 6,100 yearly average, my Cadillac provides luxury and comfort for swinging and banging on the streets of Houston.

Sport Shift, Radio, Passenger Side mirror when put into reverse.

Many! read other articles!