Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 269 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Cadillac CTS

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (269 reviews )

Sold on Cadillacs
By ctson22s

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car with the money that I saved while in highschool. I first had an oldsmobile intrigue and that was a good first car but not anything amazing by any means. My family has always had plain vehicles and my dad wanted to keep it that way. He did not want me to get this car because he said i couldn't afford it for insurance and repairs. I saved up the cash and bought it outright. I love this car!!! I have had to put a thermostat....very expensive...and a coil pack on it. Repairs are very expensive but I have had no other problems and it runs very good! It drives excellent and the bose stereo is nice. I would recommend this car to anyone. I threw on some 22" rims & its still smooth

Bose stereo 5 speed manual *comfort* sport tuned suspension

Cost of repairs are quite high. Dealerships are outrageous and most parts are dealer only so even if you can do it yourself, you have to buy from them.

Biggest Lemon EVER
By Tracy

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new. Within first year, rear end was replaced, water pump, radiator, and much more was replaced in first three years. Repairs on this car is extremely high. Everything but the motor and transmission has been replaced. I was hit and insurance totaled my car because it's so expensive to fix. I loved the car but not the hassle of it breaking down.

The design.

I hope they have since improved everything on this car.

Not a lot of fun these days
By Ken Fowler

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have NOT had any air conditioning for the past 2+ years, line rusted and unit stopped, can't afford a new unit,Black car, 2010 and NO AIR. Today I stopped for groceries, while pulling into the parking lot my tranny line broke off the radiator. will cost $950.00 to repair, lines were rusted out. Now I see were there is a RECALL on the brakes lines? what about the other lines?

none anymore

buy a Ford

Great Car!
By Sharon

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased car new and have had only one repair on car in 7 years. Giving car to 22 year old niece who can't wait to own it. It has been a great car. I hope I don't regret giving it up!

style--inside and out. Comfort and performance.

None. It has been a great car!

Exciting Cts
By Ltvic

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Well designed car. I added every option but the engine block heater and chose the 5-speed manual trans. Fun to drive. After 8 years I still have people tell me what a beautiful car I have. Styling remains fresh. No mechanical problems except recall items which had caused me zero problems.

Great Bose stereo. Responsive and handles turns like a race car.

The chromed plastic lug nut extenders tend to become loose and fall off after several tire rotations. Should have been a single piece lug nut.