Used 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (72 reviews )

The V
By v-guy

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS-V is the cat's meow! I purchased it as more of a trophy to take out on nice days and when I needed some adreneline and man does this machine have it! I love everything about it, and best of all it's American! Anyone looking for a well built, unbelievably quick machine should consider the V!

The power is unbelievable and the handling couldn't be better! This car is race ready direct from GM.

Cadillac should definitely use tires manufactured to last longer. I know these are great tires and they definately get the job done, but with the low life expectancy and the replacement cost I feel they should try to source something that would last a bit longer.

Pure Hot Rod
By berne1

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 2005 Cadillac CTS-V is unbelievable! I have more fun driving this than any car I've ever owned. The engine has tons of power, the car looks great with the 18" wheels and slightly flared fenders. This first couple times I drove it, I just laughed, the power is so plentiful. This car is downright fast. I get thumbs up from people who are "in the know" about this car. I got the Red Line color. At first I liked black the best, but I really think this is the best color on the V. I'm happy this car only comes with a 6-speed manual transmission, as several "non car-guy" types have bellyached to me about the "need for an automatic". No way. If you can't shift, get a STS-V or a Mercedes-Benz. This is a modern day muscle car.

The engine has a seemingly endless supply of horsepower and torque. I like the interior details such as the seat stitching and "V-Series" sill plates. I like how Cadillac was subtle with the styling cues and let the details do the talking (fender flares, V badges, mesh grilles).

The shifter is a bit notchy. Axle hop is prevalent under hard acceleration. The tires wear very quickly, but these are Eagle F1, so that's expected. The tires themselves are great in terms of handling. It doesn't have the steering wheel audio controls like the regular CTS, I would like those.

V-time
By GEORGE

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is the most fun I have ever had with a car since my 1969 Trans Am convertible. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It handles like a true sports car but still gives enough comfort to keep the wife happy.

The awesome power.

Make some of the equipment simpler to use.

CTSV - Slick American
By Zip

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The one issue I have is the torque reversal noise when shifting at low speeds - it's normal but annoying. Such power needs to flex. Other than that, it's great, fast as heck, solid, taunt, has great road feedback, different style, plenty of room inside plus big trunk, an exceptional stereo, fold down back seats. Driving an American car makes me feels good!

Performance and one-of-a-kind looks. Solid feel, kind of "in your face" attitude about it, albeit with style. Has class - yet my daughter's male firend said "That car is sick!" (an apparent complement).

Must eliminate the torque reversal noise.

Caddy CTS-V
By skyking9

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've had Corvettes, Porsches, Lexus, Jaguars and assorted sports cars, and this is the car I've found to be the most sheer FUN! Its build quality and reliability so far are excellent. My only complaint is that Caddy can build a car like this, and took almost 50 years to do it! They should have done it years ago!