Used 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (72 reviews )

One problem after another
By Ian

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is fast in a straight line, but that's about it. The differential is a poorly designed component that can't handle the power the motor puts out. I had the car a little over a year, and had to have it replaced once, and serviced for leaking twice. The suspension is OK, but it still drives like a large car. A lot of other things had to be repaired/replaced under warranty. Do not buy this car if the warranty is close to running out!

Power on demand! The motor is very strong in this car. That is about the only thing I liked about the car.

Reliability! All things were fixed under warranty, but it was just at the dealer too many times in a 1 year period.

Yeehaw!
By Bobby

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a kick in the head! No BMW problems, just pure pushrod V8 fun! The only thing better than a CTS-V would be two CTS-V's! I can't wait for the 2009 CTS-V more and better of a very good thing.

400HP is 'da bomb

More HP!

Vette in a Sport Suit
By L.Sanchez

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car. We'll start there. get excited getting into this car almost each and everytime I love the effortless power, balanced chassis, incredible brakes, and a quiet ride to boot. There were a couple of squeaks out back that I've gotten fixed with a quick aftermarket fix, but other than those, alls been great and I pound on my car daily.

Motor, handling, nice nav, good lights.

Stronger rear suspension cradle and less sloppy shifter.

Fun at Last
By YoungVP

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Finally an American rear drive that has plenty of horsepower. I have been waiting for something that gave me what my old BMW 540 had. This is much more reliable and cheaper to own. Plus, it's got all the American muscle that I have missed for many years! It is a great car. I will be buying the '08 model with 500 HP when it comes out.

The horsepower and handling.

Get rid of the skip shift. Make the navigation touch screen.

Get Rid of the Bimmer
By Former M5 Owner

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

As a previous Porsche Boxster and BMW M5 owner I was skeptical about an American-made CADILLAC for myself (40-year old former European-make snob) to satisfy my craving for a family sedan and performance vehicle that didn't break my kid's college fund. It blew me away on the test drive. Its 400hp matched my M5 and shifting was a breeze. Its handling is excellent. I would recommend this car to any M5 owner who is looking for an alternative.

The handling, horsepower, exterior look, xenon headlights, and built in XM satellite radio.

Get rid of skip-shift feature (in first gear car skips from 1st to 4th gear to save gas)--if I wanted to save gas I would buy a Hyundai. Give additional options for more leather interior and an option for headlight washers and iPod integration.