2013 Cadillac ATS Consumer Review: Flat out best value in this se

2013 Cadillac ATS - Consumer Review

Luxury Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Flat out best value in this segment
By tomfoolery2 on

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was hesitant to check out the American manufacturers and disappointed in Lincoln for sure (Chrystler doesn't even compete here). However, this car stood out as a giant slayer.

I did exhaustive research and the ATS gives much more value per dollar than anything else out there. The equivalent German or Japanese cars cost significantly more. We're talking 20-30% more!

At first I wanted to use my new gem sparingly but the more I drive it the more I find myself making excuses to go for a spin.

Don't buy this car without the full CUE. Pony up and you won't regret it. Don't believe anyone who says CUE is unusable. I have had zero trouble.

Update: 2.5 years later and I still love the car. If I had to do it again I would go for the V6. I miss the torque. The car has still been stone cold reliable and Cadillac service is stellar. There have been minor weird issues like a dead remote/key battery, all quickly fixed for free by Cadillac. My only remaining curiosity will be the long term reliability. With 4 years 50,000 miles maintenance included and 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranty it might be a long time before you see that update!

And yes, I'm dying to upgrade to the ATS-V or CTS-V.

• Road holding
  • Transmission
  • Purchase cost
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review