Used 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Cadillac ATS-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ATS-V model:

Thoroughly Impressed!
By Brian Jared

2016 Cadillac ATS-V 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this 2016 ATS-V Coupe used with 14K miles on it four months ago. I traded in a BMW 530i which I drove and loved for nine years. I have previously owned 2 Porsche 911's and a Porsche 944T (Yeah, I'm an older guy). I have only owned this vehicle a short time so I cannot speak to reliability issues other than to say the car had all the records and had been maintained by the dealership who sold it to me. Those records only indicate routine maintenance. I will start with the downsides. The backseat is for luggage, children, or an extremely crowded short trip for an adult. The car is essentially a two-seater, but that is what I bought it for. Getting in and out isn't the easiest, but it is a coupe. Compared to the Corvette and the Porsche Cayman S, it is much easier. I am not a fan of the touch-screen technology utilized throughout. I think it takes attention away from the road to a degree that buttons and dials do not. Also, the piano black color shows fingerprints quickly. I always carry a cloth to touch it up. And of course, when it comes to gas mileage, it is gonna cost you more. Those are the bad things. Lets talk about the good. PERFORMANCE! This thing is a rocket which handles so predictably, and gives you so many options as to how you want to set it up, that I just make excuses to get into it and drive. The Tour mode is remarkably comfortable for grocery store runs or cruising on the highway, but moving to Track Mode transforms the car. I really feel as if I get the best of both worlds. The Recaro chair upgrade is a must - I have never had a seat that was so supportive and yet flexible in how I want it to feel. As a driver's car, as opposed to a family car, this is an extremely comfortable and confident ride. It is both the fastest and best handling car I have ever owned. I chose it over a 2016 Corvette Z06, 2016 BMW M4, and 2014 Porsche Cayman S. All were amazing cars, but the decision came down to comfort and cost. All four of the cars I drove were impressive, but the Caddy was just easier to get in and out of for this 66 yo. That probably isn't an issue for most. The cost also was a factor. It was between $7-14K cheaper than the other three with less mileage on it. But most of all, the ATS-V just blew me away with its performance. I did not ever think I would buy a Cadillac, but I did, and I could not be more thrilled. If it proves to be reliable, then I will hang on to it for quite a while.

Wow, you must test drive this car.
By ron stock

2016 Cadillac ATS-V 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car equals the corvette with the 6,2 base engine; acceleration, steering, figure eight time, g-force, and braking. Every-else is a matter of personal opinion. Most coupes and sedans all have the same look which is trying to look like the modern re-design of the BMW 7 series. Cadillac dares to be different. I love it for being distinctive. It is real sleeper and real surprise to lesser cars who challenge you at a stoplight. The CUE computer management is much maligned as a way to find something wrong with the V series, I find the CUE easy to learn and use, not slow in any way. I read a review that criticized the automatic transmission. The V transmission is the same one in the corvette and is quite a thrill in race mode.

New ATS-V
By Paul Berger

2016 Cadillac ATS-V 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great handling and pick up a little short on the electronics great seats no rear seat and small trunk but its a sleeper car and it moves out.
That was after one month biggest mistake I ever made there CUE flat out does not work period it has been in AutoNation of West Palm over three months trying to fix the electronics do your self a FAVOR reasearch the CUE systems for at least 4 years they have known about this issue and done nothing worst car I ever owned would never buy another Caddy.. I also own a ZO6/ZO7 not one issue with there infotainment center. Do your self a favor buy anything else unless u want to live with out your car for months and spend your life at the dealership and shame on Edmunds for not reporting this issue I am currently seeking Lemon Law on this piece of crap they call a fine automobile serviced 4 times for the same issue total days without vehicle approximately 12 weeks total also left outside its was given back to me in horrible shape black spots in the pain will need to be clay bared etc.
Sincerely
Paul D Berger
[contact info removed] GM Just bought car back thankfully i was not stuck with this car it is fast but Caddy has a long way to go before anyone should buy one of these just trying to save someone the headaches just google CUE issues they have known about this since 2013 but still sell the vehicles anyway., The cars
Handling was great better than my M3.. and very fast loved the recaro seats interior was cheap for a 75 plus car.. bought a Mercedes CTS with 2000 miles on it a 2016 that's a real machine with coil overs and RennTech tune 620HP and wow what a monster good luck be very careful of the. Caddys I now know why there service Dept was always so backed up .. Stsy away from Autonation at all costs worst customer service I have ever had.. they good learn a lot from Braman.. I hope this truly helps someone from making a huge mistake and spending all that time in service..
Sincerely
Paul Berger
<br>

Thee V
By Stan

2016 Cadillac ATS-V 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

ATS V is an amazing automobile! It handles ever bit as good as my 86 Corvette did, but the ride is, well, a Cadillac!

Caddie makes a World-class sport sedan!
By Tucker Maclain

2016 Cadillac ATS-V 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car can't be compared to a Camry or Accord, but rather a BMW M4 or Mercedes AMG C63 S. When compared to those cars, they're all pretty even. The Caddie has the nicest powerband with the twin-turbo. The 8 speed automatic (GM 8L90) is borrowed from the 650hp Corvette Z-06, so in the application it's pretty bullet-proof and understressed. It shifts every bit as quickly as Porsche's PDK. It's a wonderful driver. You really can't describe it, but rather you have to drive it to understand. It feels as though it is on rails. The interior quality is very high. The Cadillac CUE has been updated and I don't mind it a bit. It is a little slower to adjust fan speed or temp. People have complained on the BMW fanboy site "Bimmerpost" that the instument panel looks out dated. I think it's fine. It has a totally cool, configurable HUD like an F-16 fighter that really makes the instrument panel unnecessary.

All 3 of these top-notch sports sedans have their own personalities and whichever you pick will get you a winner. What I liked about the Caddie was that performance-wise or, really any measure, it is the equal of Europe's best. The Caddie gives up NOTHING in performance, comfort, of technology. Numerous outings from Willow Springs to the Nurburgring have shown it at least equal to BMW and Mercedes best. The Caddie has touring/sport/ track modes that adjust damping/shiting and other parameters that make it excel as a daily driver. The back seat is pretty cramped--seriously. Not for adults. I didn't buy it for the back seat though. All that should go into my back seat is a piece of soft luggage. The Caddie is 10s of thousands of dollars less than the other two and is arguable better. And finally, you can feel good about driving an American car. I NEVER thought I would own a GM car. It's a new company though. the 2016 ATS-V, Camaro, CTS-V, and Corvette Z-06 are all world class cars at bargain prices. No longer is driving one a compromise. They are among the best. I am more impressed with this car every time I drive it. That engine and and automatic transmission are absolutely stunning. The chassis is very stiff. The feature list is high. It's an amazing vehicle. Other cars I considered were the CTS-V, the Corvette Z-06 (way too cramped for me), the Jaguar F-Type R, and the Porsche 911. I'm very happy with my choice.