Used 2017 Cadillac ATS Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price
$27,500

Used ATS Coupe for Sale
Select your model:

Sporty but has the worst transmission!

1st time Caddy Owner, 01/04/2019
2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love the look and road hugging performance. This vehicle's turbo 4cyl. is very fast. It can stand up to much bigger and more powerful engines. The 8A transmission is the most unreliable and hard shifting piece of junk I have owned. It makes all sorts of noises at idle, of which two dealers can't seem to repair. The 8A's hard and erratic shifting makes me regret purchasing this car. Countless futile trips to the dealer have added to my frustration. GM uses this transmission in several of its models, so these problems aren't exclusive to my ATS. GM please fix, I really like my car, just not the transmission. Update: As of today, 7/11/2019,my car is back at the dealer and has been for over 3 weeks awaiting major repairs. GM/Cadillac has really spoiled my desire for every owning or recommending another Cadillac!

Comfort and style

Steve, 07/17/2021
2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love the comfort and style of the cadillac. The 2.0 turbo takes a little to get used to, especially if you never owned one before. It is actually faster than the 3.6. Plenty of power and I get 31 - 32 mpg on highway and around 22 around town but I tend to drive a little aggressively at times. I love all the amenities especially the lumbar seating and leather interior. It's a cadillac. I don't like the fact it's premium fuel. I don't find a problem with the cadillac que system as others have stated but I'm used to it since this my 3rd one with it. The one big thing I can't stand is the run flats. I hate them. A very harsh ride and I think it contributes a lot to people turning away from the brand. I bought this used with 39k on it and the tires were just replaced with run flats so I'm stuck for awhile. I think standard radials would have been the way to go. I do love the wide set up but they are staggered which you can't rotate. I will replace with non run flstscand that should give me a lot better ride. Overall this is a great car and fun to drive and can keep up with most cars from the European competition.