Used 2005 Buick Terraza Minivan Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

What is not broken?
By HORRIBLE VECHICLE

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

1)Oil leak between transmission and engine. 2)Electrical problems:Alternator and battery replaced because headlights and interior lights were dimming and going bright.3) Radio replaced due to background noise. DVD player had background noise still after noise suppressor added to +12Volt line.4) Stability control module replaced. 5) Electronic brake module replaced. 6) Power window control module replaced due to retaining clips broken. 7) Wind noise present: replaced sliding door molding. Still had it. 8) Ground effects coming off. 9) Something rolling around loose in steering wheel. Most failures occurred by 16,000 miles. The rest occurred before 30,000 miles. Do not trust this van!!

1) DVD Player. 2) Backup sensors. 3)Duel powered sliding doors. 4)Remote engine start.

1) Better drink holders. Drink holders could not accommodate different cup sizes and 20oz drinks. 2) Entrance to 3rd row seats needs improvement. 3) Better storage of 3rd row seats. They take up to much room when laid down. 4) Space between front seats and 2nd row seats is not adequate.

Love This Van! Even After Nearly 4 Years
By Butteview

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a GMC Suburban with this van. I needed lots of cargo space and this has just 1.5 cubic feet less than my Suburban with the middle seats out and the rear seats folded flat. The storage in the rear, appearance and features sold me on this car. According to the computer, I get just a little better mileage than on the sticker. 18+/24+. I get especially good mileage on the highway. Accelerating really seems to burn gas. I got this van to take to dog shows and it is perfect. Mine has everything but heated leather seats. I would ordered that. I did not get good service from this particular Dealer.

Styling, storage, great mileage for the cargo capacity. Electric back doors on both sides is extremely handy and they do have child locks.

The next year they added power rear doors (good idea), I would have liked to be able not to have the DVD player as I only haul dogs. I can't take out or install the middle seats by myself so that could be improved.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
By Tina

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Day I purchased brand new, brakes went out, Dealer kept my van 2 months, the excuse "the part had not come in from oversea's" My door has never shut properly, it's noisy, I complained about banging under van, Dealer said its normal, another shop said it was the engine gears lose. When I start the car it keeps turning as if I was still starting sometimes it won't start at all and I have to try again, the dealership said that was normal. It's run out of gas 4 times, because I parked at angle I have had other buick terraza owners stop me in parking lots and ask about the same problems I was having, This van, USELESS and dealers blow off ALL the problems with it! I have the paperwork to proveit

I purchased this van because of all the great discounts, 10,000 off and "0" percent financing, the only thing I liked was the price, buyer beware, if there is a BIG discount, there is something wrong!

Stop making this van, You listened because in 2007, they stopped making them! Don't Buy, Don't Buy, Don't Buy! If someone would have saved me from purchasing this van with a good review like this, I would not be on this page warning you right now!

Hey, It's a van--but it's not that bad
By Karla

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was one of those people who NEVER thought that I would ever own a minivan. I was (and still am) an SUV woman all the way! THEN, I had two kids and want more...and I am constantly hauling around my twin nephews, so it just became necessary. The only thing I hate about this vehicle is that it is minivan and not...well, anything other than a minivan. It has been great for getting a lot of kids where they need to go and has been very reliable so far. I haven't had it long, but I felt the need to tell anyone who wanted to know that this vehicle has had no major problems and hasn't given me anything to complain about so far. I am very pleased with it.

The leather seats are nice and comfortable, heated seats, DVD, wireless headphones, remote start, love the fold-away drink trays, lots of storage, power doors, stereo controls on steering wheel, 6-disc changer, deep/wide/tall middle bucket seats, very fast and hot heater, great sound package...

My friend recently bought a Dodge van. Hers is better in the leg room area..the seats all tilt up so that knees are higher needing less leg room because they "hang"-great feature. a power trunk door. The ride isn't great- little rough. That's about all can come up with-not that the make these anymore

Dont buy one
By wayne

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We like the van but have had to much trouble with it. I want go into averything but the biggest this is what were having trouble as I write this. The starter keeps on turning after the motor cranks. It will stop the motor dead. You hae to crank it again and sometimes it takes three times befor you can drive. Have had it back three times and today was told it was a normal thing this van does and would have to live with it. Can you beleave that. Buick want install a new starter and its still under the 36 thousand ,3 year coverage. Guess we will be useing the North Carolina lemon law. Going to give them a few more days.Dont Buy one. You will be sorry.

nothing special