Used 2007 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

my exp.
By my car

2007 Buick Rendezvous CXL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM used to mean quality in my family, but this car has been a complete disappointment. Since buying it in 2007 with 13k miles I've had to spend $6k more in repairs due to persistent inability of car to start including faulty wiring, axle and wheel train replacement of loose or prematurely broken parts, and a brake job. In the 11 years that I owned a subaru, I never had to do any more than change the oil. For this car I had to even subscribe to onstar for peace of mind because the car is so unreliable. Based on the quality of this car I can see how GM got themselves into thier current setuation. Let a free market economy rule!! I am headed back to the Subaru dealership for a new car.

interior design allows for lots of cubbies to store items

the interior molded plastic parts are poorly made and most are now broken. The car is only three years old. The body parts are even in worse shape. Almost all of my frame and even engine parts are on the verge of failing or have failed. I can't believe GM let this one out of the factory!

Nice vehicle
By Ann

2007 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice ride. I bought the 07 CX with the luxury package with 27,000 miles for $13,900. I've put on 1,000 miles since I bought it. I think I got a great deal. Very smooth ride, I have to be careful on the highway because I don't notice when I'm speeding. My husband is 6'1" and has plenty of head room.

Lots of room. Driver seat can be raised or lowered. Fold down 3rd row seat.

If it was still in production I would suggest making the back door easier to close and I'm not real comfortable with the blind spots. Good thing it has large side mirrors.

Fits anyone
By Tom Worrell

2007 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this Buick for six months and just got done driving 1000 miles down the east coast with close to 30 miles per gal. of gas. I'm 6'4" and I still have plenty of head room even with a hat on.The radio and cd are find as far as I'm concerned.

The way the driver seems to sit up higher than normal to better see the road.

A blind spot in the rear pass. side but the big side mirror helps somewhat.

'07 Rendezvous CXL
By JT

2007 Buick Rendezvous CXL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 24k miles,one of the best cars we have owned. We had 2 good Chrysler vans. This CXL replaced a noisy, cheapo, gas-guzzler Honda Odyssey ”XL”- no luxury features even available! Liked a rented Rendezvous on Florida vacation. Later compared it to the Lexus SUV -cramped and boring. The Buick is larger inside and $20K cheaper. Quiet, luxurious, versatile and 22.5 mpg thrifty. Comforts of the car are on par with our Avalon sedan. 7 people can ride if needed & with the middle seats out, we carry 3 dogs and luggage for trips. It has been great in the snow even in our hilly neighborhood. Love the car. Sad that GM made the dumb decision to discontinue & replace it with a bulbous gas guzzler.

Luxury gizmos, comfortable seats, quiet, roomy, flexible interior. 100,000-mile warranty instills confidence and helps resale. OnStar navigation with integrated car phone is great feature.

Rear lift-gate is heavy and needs lift-assist. The radio isn’t the best – but an I-Pod with its equalizer ramps up the sound system just fine. Better rear speakers would be nice. Heater/fan could be more powerful also.

Equal to imports for half the money
By jjnewlife

2007 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a friend's Lexus SUV I was not expecting much from this Buick. Surprise. We like it much better. Sure the dashboard is plain but we improved it by adding a wood grain kit. After 27,000+ miles our only real issue has been the radio which is junk. Three visits to the dealer have failed to have any effect. Gas mileage is incredibly poor for such a small V-6. We only get about 15mpg in town and 22 on the road. Our Impala with a similar engine gets at least 5mpg better. But, the Buick tows our small boat effortlessly, there is room galore with the seats folded and so far, it has been mechanically reliable. The 100,000 mile warranty inspires confidence.

Driver and passenger comfort. Good road manners. Power train warranty. value vs imports.

Better radio and sound system. Better gas mileage. Stronger lift help with rear hatch. It is very heavy.