Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Nice Vehicle For Price
By TOM D

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle for price. Smooth, quiet. Adequate power for everday driving, plus uses only regular fuel.

Nice features for even base model

2006 CXL 3.6 VVT
By barb9

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the Rendezvous Buick should of had when staring the RDV line. I purposely sought out to buy the Rendezvous with the 3.5 engine when I heard about it. I previously owned a 2002 CX 3.4 that was slightly underpowered at times when you needed power, but got good gas mileage. This 3.5 engine gives me better mileage and lots of power. Unfortunately to buy this model requires buying all the bells and whistles. A small trade off for a wonderful engine. Have owned it for almost a year and nothing wrong with it (unlike my 2002). Up to 2006, the Rendezvous had the biggest cargo room of any midsize SUV/CUV and tied for top spot in fuel efficiency. Too bad they are ending the Rendezvous, I would buy another (3rd) one!

Engine! 3.5L variable valve timing, 245 hp & 255 tq. Climate control, driver memory, and heads up display! 108 cu ft of cargo room (biggest in its class) and all the seats can come out to create lots of cargo room or versatility (all other SUVs lack this!) Great mileage. Very comfy on 20hr rd trips

Nothing, except to keep making the Rendezvous! It's perfected and Buick goes and pulls it. :(

2006 Rendezvous
By Brian

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice vehicle! I traded in a Chevy Trailblazer for the Buick to improve fuel economy and have been pleasantly suprised on how much cargo space this vehicle has! The vehicle has great power around town and the high seating position offers great visability for driving. The fit and finish on the vehicle is very good but I am very disappointed about the lack of space for tall drivers. I am 6'4 and although there is sufficient headroom, the legroom is much less than the Trailblazer and the driver's side door sticks to far in and hits my left leg. I also hit the parking brake with my leg as I enter and exit the vehicle. What I would give for a split bench seat!

Love the cargo space and sunroof!

Why aren't anti-lock brakes standard? Expand the front seating area. I would move the parking brake to a center-mounted handle and reduce the width of the center counsel. I would also move the power seat controls to the door, not the side of the seat and add power recline instead of a manual lever

A piece of Junk
By KimmyO

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In the one year I have owned this lemon it has continually been in the shop. First, my best mileage is only about 12.5-13.5 mpg, no matter if I am driving around town or on the highway. Dealership says nothing is wrong and nothing they can do. Now, lets talk about the problems with this piecd of junk. The left front struts had to be replaced in the first three months. Gears in the steering mechanism were replaced in month 4. In the 6th month, the transmission went out. Month 9, the power steering unit had to be replaced. I am not a bad driver nor drive in a reckless manner. I am a 65 year old lady who does not know where to turn.

A Great Car
By Richard

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm on my second Rendezvous and will probably buy a third. I need a 7-seater and I don't like big boats (Suburban, etc.). I was looking for a smallish city car that can seat my whole family, and this is it. The price is about the lowest in class, the quality is good. And it's small, which I love. I think only the Hyundai Santa Fe is smaller or cheaper, and I'd never buy a Hyundai. It looks stylish on the outside, plenty of space and flexibility inside. It's not overdesigned. Just a good car. It's interesting to me that the customers rating for this car was so much higher than the editors rating. Maybe the editors need to drive it again.

Lot of cargo space. Seats seven comfortably on a small platform that is easy to drive and park in the city. Excellent price.

I get 17 MPG, mostly in city driving, I wish it were higher. I notice half the raters want better mileage and the other half want more engine power. Of course you can't have both, so this suggests Buick found a reasonable balance.