Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Learn to love it
By Loretta

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I did not want this vehicle when we purchased it but, the more I drove it the more I loved it. It has plenty of space for the kids sports gear, the back seats recline to let the kids relax on a long trip, drink holders, storage space, lots of extras. It has turned out to be a great vehicle, and for the size the gas mileage is good. I get about 300 miles to a tank full. I reccomend it.

Plenty of leg room up front and middle compartment to store things. I also like the plug in, in the back for coolers.

A plug in on the passengers side floorboard.

We Love It!
By Marcia L

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Rendezvous. This was my first American vehicle and so far so good. We've owned it 10 months now. The ride is smooth and comfortable. Gas mileage is exactly as advertised on the sticker (19 city/26 hwy). It's roomy and comfortable on longer trips. Lots of storage space.

Favorite features include deep, locking center console that I can store my laptop.

Rear hatch should be easier to close. It takes a little muscle.

New - Used - Rendezvous
By Doug Curtis

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife refused to drive a minivan and I did not want to pay for the gas of a traditional SUV. That leaves a crossover. We wanted to trade our Saab for either a Lexus, Acura, or BMW, but when we looked at the Rendezvous we were hooked. We got a great deal on a year old GM exec CXL AWD with everything on it but the Nav and upgraded engine. It rides better than all the other vehicles we drove, and talk about quite. Only down side is the engine performance. If you really want to get on it, the base engine won't cooperate, but it more than suffices for normal driving. I am getting a combined 23-24 mpg on 87 gas. No complaints there.

DVD entertainment system, XM radio, seat comfort, third row (I'm 6'2" and I fit), excellent quiet ride.

Engine performance - needs more horsepower and torque, auto-up driver's window, another power port up front

2005 Rendezvous
By marshall shapiro

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Rendezvous. It is a very 'convenient' automobile, comfortable for 4-5 adult passengers and large storage capacity. They have been very reliable for me, though I got better gasoline mileage with my first (AWD) one, averaging almost 21 mpg. This present one averages slightly under 20 mpg. My biggest complaint with this one is the ride. It seems to 'feel' every little bump and stone, more than I would expect with 17" wheels. Depending upon the price, I would consider another lease or purchase.

Surprisingly short turning radius Very roomy for passengers and loading space.

Improve gasoline mileage, and soften ride.

Very Surprising!
By Bill

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Rendevous for about a year now and I really can't believe the value! I never really even knew this SUV existed and boy am I happy I found it! It has so much more room than any other in it's class. Also, I was very concerned with the mileage and have been so surprised with the economy of this vehicle. I have friends with Jeeps and Toyotas who struggle with milieage and I have the bigger SUV and am consistently getting 22 around town and at least 26 on the HWY. It's all about how you drive it! Bottom line is they discount these vehicles big time because they can't compete with the imports, so for the money...there is no better deal going! There is so much room it's crazy!

Size, fuel economy is great for something this big. Ride comfort. AWD great in bad weather.

None. It's great