Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Overall, I'm satisfied with purchase
By emj

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Rendezvous drives very nicely, and I find it very easy to manuver into parking spaces. The amount of cargo room is great. Also, the second row of seats fold forward to allow for extra cargo room if it's needed. I average about 18 mpg city and 22 mpg highway, so I guess the fuel economy is about average for this size SUV. The back end of the vehicle did start making a "groaning" noise a few months ago, which I was told by my mechanic was a problem with the rear differential fluid (I don't know if others have had this problem), so the fluid was refilled and the problem has not recurred so far. I don't have any kids, but there's lots of room on board for all four of my dogs!

Cargo room; folding second row; large center console

Seat fabric and carpet seems to stain easily, so a more stain-resistant fabric would be nice; rear hatch requires some effort to close, so close-assist would be a nice feature; better gas mileage

Tear in my Beer
By Sharon

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first SUV purchase and I was very happy The ride is smooth and enjoyable to drive. The vehicle is large and adequate to fit our family of six our dog.

Third row seating,roominess, visibility and OnStar.

I'm very disappointed that Buick discontinued the Rendezvous. My family and I loved everything about it.

Thought Rendezvous was a great deal
By 2005 rendezvous cx

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Now there is a unusual sound that comes from the engine and the car shakes if we drive over 75mph. This vehicle is now we realize made for the first time in 2002, it doesnt have a long history of good record like lasting long. We still own a '96 regal and a '01 century and both of them drive superb. We heard great things about the Rendezvous from friends but they already returned theirs because he was on a lease. The sound for the bass in the newer Buicks are horrible, which includes the '05 Rendezvous. Seems like a great car in the beginning but not really good.

Middle compartment, gas mileage,

The rear hatch handle broke once already and real hard to close. Third row standard, side curtain airbags standard, better sound system, better engine with more horsepower, shorter in the back lots of marks are being made on our rear hatch door from the celing of parking garages and our home garage.

Why did I buy this car?
By Judi

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is not a good SUV for a short person. The huge side mirrors block view from all angles. The overhead tailgate is unbelievably difficult to close. Tailgate interior strap broke last week, and tonight, the overhead interior glasses case clasp broke and is now hanging interfering with the rear view mirror. The third row seats are extremely difficult to return to a sitting position. Overall, very poor interior design.

The back up sensors are wonderful.

Redesign side mirrors so driver can see oncoming cars. Interior latches need to withstand normal use.

I call this the Buick death trap
By Laura

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My car has had one problem after another. Do not buy one. I call it the death trap because I will drive down the freeway anywhere from 30 to 70 miles and my car will shut off. No warning signs! The worst part is it stops like I have slammed the brakes, eveything in my car goes flying. So there my car will sit from 70mph to 0 mph in a matter of seconds. You can't steer it off the road, you just have to pray no one hits you. GM can not fix it, so I guess I have to wear my seatbelt, and I am thinking of getting a bumper sticker letting people know my car will stop instantly to prevent accidents.