Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 218 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

It's falling apart
By big dawg

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had hoped to keep this car for a long time but it's slowly falling apart. Part of it is the salt in our region. The rotors rust and wear out the brakes/rotors prematurely. The bearing hubs have been replaced. Control arm bushings don't last and the AWD actuator had to be replaced.The racheting device on the seatbelts caused the belts to tear and need to be replaced. It's constantly being repaired and I no longer trust it except for trips around town. The quality of the suspension/drive train parts is not good. It does have a nice ride and nice stereo and room to take my 90 lb German Shepherd but I think I may look at a Nissan, Toyota or Honda to replace it. American cars= no good.

Ride, quietness, stereo and room

Better plastic trim. Better control arm bushings. Bigger rotors and larger calipers. Better bearing hubs. Sturdier AWD system

Reliability still an issue
By niaomiya

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Major problems! When 2 yrs old, car died on freeway for no reason at all. Dies if I turn steering wheel too hard while backing up. Sometimes computer will unlock doors when I turn off engine and remove key (like it's supposed to), and sometimes it doesn't want to let me out. The right blinker all of a sudden started going at warp speed, then went back to normal a couple wks later, now it's back to superfast. Lumbar support dial on driver's seat keeps falling off. Rear hatch interior pulldown handle broke when I had car < a yr. Rear vents broke in < a yr, will blow air but won't hold position. Computer doesn't always remember radio presets, very temperamental! Obviously, quality issues!!

Comfortable ride

Fix reliability issues. I'm scared to drive my Rendezvous b/c I don't know when it will die on me. Fix computer problems, it's not controlling anything right. Everything started falling apart when I owned the car about 2 yrs. What in the world???

Would not recommend
By lockhart1998

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 59k miles. Loved the car at first site. Unfortunately, I have had to replace wheel hubs 4 times, the rear hatch pull down broke, and the AWD (ABS) system is on again. I wanted to support American made cars, however I am very disappointed.

Back up indicators

great vehicle
By walt

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm closing in on 80,000 miles with no reliability issues. Great comfort and visibility with lower sills and broad mirrors. Gas mileage has averaged a composite 23 mpg (less when highway driving at 75+ mph.) Our second row captains chairs have on occasion been removed to allow surprisingly bulky cargo loads. Sorry I can't buy another new one.

high seating with great visibility

CHEAPLY made car, story of GM's life
By ihateGM

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for going on 4 years now. A/c problems, both front wheel hubs broke, both front power window components broke. Now the back 2 Windows are starting to make the same noises so I'm sure they are about to break also. Same problems my 89 Buick had plus 2 other people I know. Back passenger door hinge is messed up and door barely shuts. Starting to shift funny so I see transmission problems very soon. Very poor horsepower. Awful resale value (I see why). Loud road noise. Gets blown all over the road in wind. Don't buy a gm! Many people I know have similar problems with their GMs not just Buick. Cheap parts. No Wonder they are bankrupt. You reap what you sow!

pretty comfortable to ride in

GM, please make better quality vehicles. Cheap plastic parts break. You compromise quality to save a buck. I'm glad y'all are bankrupt