Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Would not recommend
By lockhart1998

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 59k miles. Loved the car at first site. Unfortunately, I have had to replace wheel hubs 4 times, the rear hatch pull down broke, and the AWD (ABS) system is on again. I wanted to support American made cars, however I am very disappointed.

Back up indicators

great vehicle
By walt

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm closing in on 80,000 miles with no reliability issues. Great comfort and visibility with lower sills and broad mirrors. Gas mileage has averaged a composite 23 mpg (less when highway driving at 75+ mph.) Our second row captains chairs have on occasion been removed to allow surprisingly bulky cargo loads. Sorry I can't buy another new one.

high seating with great visibility

CHEAPLY made car, story of GM's life
By ihateGM

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for going on 4 years now. A/c problems, both front wheel hubs broke, both front power window components broke. Now the back 2 Windows are starting to make the same noises so I'm sure they are about to break also. Same problems my 89 Buick had plus 2 other people I know. Back passenger door hinge is messed up and door barely shuts. Starting to shift funny so I see transmission problems very soon. Very poor horsepower. Awful resale value (I see why). Loud road noise. Gets blown all over the road in wind. Don't buy a gm! Many people I know have similar problems with their GMs not just Buick. Cheap parts. No Wonder they are bankrupt. You reap what you sow!

pretty comfortable to ride in

GM, please make better quality vehicles. Cheap plastic parts break. You compromise quality to save a buck. I'm glad y'all are bankrupt

Not what we expected
By Jonathan

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When originally shopping for our family SUV we never expected we'd end up with a Buick Rendezvous. However, after seeing so many SUVs with the boring dark gray interior we finally looked at one and fell in love the with spacious interior, comfortable captain seats and smooth ride. A year into ownership we started experiencing issues. Both wheel bearings went under 60,000 miles costing $400 each. Break pads and rotors had to be changed every 6-9 months because they kept warping (another pricey repair). The handle on the rear hatch door broke as well, making it harder for my wife to close. The nail in the coffin was the transmission starting to slip at just 71,000 miles!

Spacious driver room (I'm a tall guy) 3rd row seating Light towing ability

Too many mechanical problems for a car under 75,000 miles. GM needs to build a better product and back what they build

2004 Rendezvous Good Buy
By Peter Minior

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2004 Rendezvous CXL AWD and find it a very well constructed SUV, good handling, excellent ride, and quality construction. I have had no mechanical problems just normal maintenance in 37,000 miles of driving. The only dissapointment is that I get 15 MPG local driving and just 18 MPG highway driving. However, the excellent visibility with the sloped front hood and large side mirrors makes the SUV fun to drive. My wife loves this SUV and the relatively low step up height makes it easy to enter and leave this vehicle. GM may be having its financial problems but it hit an affordable home run with this SUV model. The Enclave is a very attractive replacement for Rendezvous but is too large!

Easy exit and entry. Very good visibility. Good driveability. Very comfortable leather seats. Simple easy to read dashboard controls. Good storage space behind second row seating.

Buick brand of GM needs to make a Rendezvous replacement that is same size but gets better gas mileage. The Enclave is too large and very pricey. The new 2010 Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain seem to fit the same size as the 2004 Rendezvous and have better efficient engine options. Need similar Buick!