Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 217 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

2004 Buick rendevous
By buickjunk1

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Thought all the bugs would be gone by the 3rd year.
Problems with
brakes at 25k miles, window wiring, transmission at 79k miles, fuel tank and we will see what is next..

I felt good about buying a buick, but now I will never purchase one again.
Probably done with GM.
Sad the American car keeps on disappointing.

Stereo and video system is pretty nice in the CXL series. Like the bucket seat option. Dual air system.

Buick needs to come forward with the design problems on this vehicle and hone up to the buyers. Transmission problem is the one that has pissed me off.

Speedomenter view issues
By beall2141

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We love our 2004 Rendezvous for the all over performance, smooth ride and storage capability. It's a good family car.

There is one design flaw that needs to be fixed: Speedometer has a silver background and black numbers.
During dawn/twilight, it is nearly impossible to see the numbers. The black fades into the silver. During these light conditions, there is no way to see my speed and other guages.

Removal passenger back seats. And, the storage.

Change drivers dash to contrasting colors, i.e., black/white.

great suv
By nana

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my suv new in jan 2004 and i now have over 191,000 miles..just put the first battery on it still had the original..no major issues just normal work down..I cant complain..I've owned 2 buick now and they both have been great vehicles and very reliable

heated seats

2004 Rendezvous Ultra
By dr_rick

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Ultra in 2007 with 80K on it; put another 60K on it in three years. Has room similar to a minivan, but with better handling, and a 3rd row seat. The 3.6L engine is unusually advanced for a GM product; behaves more like a Honda motor and pulls my 21ft bass boat with no trouble. No problems with the climate control system or AWD powertrain. Wheel bearings wore out relatively early and recently the pneumatic ride control system quit. Fuel economy is not that great, but the VVT mechanism is sensitive to oil quality, and I suspect the O2 sensors have exceeded their life expectancy. In retrospect, I would probably purchase it again if I had similar requirements.

Engine

Better quality wheel bearings, better GPS navigation system.

It's falling apart
By big dawg

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had hoped to keep this car for a long time but it's slowly falling apart. Part of it is the salt in our region. The rotors rust and wear out the brakes/rotors prematurely. The bearing hubs have been replaced. Control arm bushings don't last and the AWD actuator had to be replaced.The racheting device on the seatbelts caused the belts to tear and need to be replaced. It's constantly being repaired and I no longer trust it except for trips around town. The quality of the suspension/drive train parts is not good. It does have a nice ride and nice stereo and room to take my 90 lb German Shepherd but I think I may look at a Nissan, Toyota or Honda to replace it. American cars= no good.

Ride, quietness, stereo and room

Better plastic trim. Better control arm bushings. Bigger rotors and larger calipers. Better bearing hubs. Sturdier AWD system