Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 217 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

An SUV that is more like a car
By Buffalo Buick

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had the vehicle for about 18 months / 15,000 miles now and have had ZERO problems. I do not regret getting the front wheel drive model. Snow tires on all 4s and traction control is all that is needed. Very comfortable vehicle for those that want a mini van or a SUV. Engine has plenty of power and great gas mileage.

Gas mileage and reliablity.

Dash gauges need to be brighter or more contrast. Rear hatch needs a power up and down option.

Mama Ria's Baby
By Mama

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This review is for the ULTRA. The car is nice to look at and quite comfortable to drive, but the maintenance is killing us. With just a few miles on the car we're on a first name basis with the shop mechanics! The brakes make noise (clacking) all the time and is really anoying, the AWD system was the last thing to fail. Buick, great try, but I'll stick with Acura, or Lexus from now on.

Looks good! The ride is comfortable and very roomy.

The NAV system is awkward to use and the rear visability is lethal! A back support would be nice too.

So far...So good
By NAU02

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for 8 months now. It had 22k miles on it when purchased as a used rental vehicle, and now at 30k, there are no problems yet. I love the handling and the comfort. I'm not too crazy about the outside looks, and being 25, male, and single w/out kids, I'm the only person in my demographic with this SUV. I Upgraded the stereo and it sounds wonderful. I tested almost every mid-size SUV out there and nothing compared to the ride and interior stylings of the Rendezvous!

Center console, dash/displays, comfort of seats, lumbar support, and headlights that automatically come on and shut off.

The back is hard to keep clean, and I wish the back window would open seperate from the hatch. Exterior styling could be a little hipper.

2004 Buick Rendezvues
By Marilyn

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable, fun to drive. I wish there was some way to keep the dust from collecting on the back. Hard to keep clean because of this. Wished it had more "zip" when I go to pass someone.

Love the look. Fun to drive. Very comfortable. Rides really nice.

Maybe work on the gas mileage a little. And find some way to keep the dust from settling on the back.

Happy Driver
By Brian Ritz

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have only had the vehicle for 2 months but we are happy with the comfortable ride and the roominess inside. We test drove many SUV's and while this one wasn't rated the best, we both liked the ride and how it handled. We feel it has adequate power and the gas mileage is no worse then my 1995 Mercury Mystique. We got 24 mpg on the highway trip we just took and are getting 17/18 mpg in city driving. The vehicle still has 24,000/2yrs of bumper to bumper warrenty left. We like the styling of the vehicle, doesn't look like all the other SUV's on the road.

Smooth ride, roominess, automatic lights coming off and on. Turn signal alert. Plenty of storage compartments and huge storage area without the 3rd row seat.

We wanted a reasonable priced SUV so we didn't get a lot of the extras that are on some models.