Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Think foreign
By Theresa

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my Rendevous but at 97,000 miles I have put 3,000 in repairs, and am possibly looking at another 3,000. I am told the rear differential is bad in this suv and that it is a common problem. I am now looking at spending more on repairs than the vehicle is worth. Very disappointed that GM won't take more responsibility for their design flaws. Might make me consider another American car but not at this point.....EVER!

AWD, stereo, comfy ride, gas mileage for the size of the car.

Take responsibility for the design flaws in your vehicles, gm won't ever get another nickle from me.

I got ripped off, now I am stuck!
By animalmotel

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with this car. It eats breaks and tires. The doors do not open right, it locks the keys inside. Wipers stop working. And the thing always runs hot. I have already complained to Buick but they did nothing for me. Never buy any Buick ever again. I am now stuck with a car worth nothing and is falling apart.

The way you sit to the road is my fav feature.

Mechanics durability.

Don't buy an '03 Rendezvous!
By Lani

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this car for a year, replaced engine, battery, power steering hose, engine belt, brakes, tires need air every month, needs new rear shocks and oxygen sensor. AWD DISABLE light is on, who knows how much that will cost. Exhaust Manifold in these cars leaks coolant into engines causing engine problems, so will probably have to have manifold replaced.

Big side mirrors, digital speedometer reflected on windshield, heated leather seats, backing sensor.

I don't expect any major repairs until long after 100,000 miles. Recall these pieces of crap and replace the intake manifolds so we don't have to replace the engines.

I am buying a Honda
By aj

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this with 45000 miles on it and loved it the first 2 years I drove it. So far I have replaced the brakes 3 times (1 front 2 back) then some wire that cost 1.50 but took the dealer 3 days and hundreds of dollars to figure out why it only started when it was cold.The air compresser in back ran all the time and finally I disconneted it. Coolent problems head gasket problems and now front and rear end problems. After 70000 miles this car was getting fixed every other month. It has "nickel and dollared me to death"

Comfortable and kids each got their own seat. Attractive on outside

GM shouldnt be bankrupt with all the money I have spend fixing this.

Great Veh. Lots room and comfort
By TC

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my vehicle new, it has been a great vehicle. During the warranty period the only issue I had was w/ the fuel tank which has been replace at no cost to me. Currently 104,000 miles on it w/ very little repairs other than regular maintenance. Only area that was a concern and bothersome were the plastic window guides which I have had to replace on all 4 windows.

Center console has lots of room. Captians chairs in second row make passenger comfort great. 2nd row seats are easy to remove for larger cargo.

When the 3rd row seat is in use you have very little cargo room. Headlamps have the turn signal w/ a flat surface that is horizontal to the ground and will take a beating from the sun/elements and deteriorate. But 6 yrs in the AZ sun, its done great.