Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

OK, would not purchase another
By Niki Whitt

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Buick in the shop SEVERAL times - for everything from brake problems, to a water leak, to a leak in the seal around the fuel tank. I'm not sure if all the problems are with the car or the mechanics at the dealership. Buick has been of no help what so ever. I loved the look and feel of the car when we bought it but after all the trouble, I will never buy another.

None

None

Buick has a way to go.
By sabe

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I want to like this car, but I'm having problems getting excited about it. That in a nutshell is the good and bad of the Buick Rendezvous. I also own a BMW 325 convertible and when I drive that car I feel like I own the road. I'm king of the hill and a lot of people look at me with a glimmer of envy in their eyes. When I drive the Buick the only thing I'm King of is the radio and if people bother looking at me I feel like the only thing I see in their eyes is a look of pity and curiousity at the kind of person who would buy this funny looking SUV.

Third row seats, steering wheel radio controls and the quietness compared to other SUVs. Also, the controls are logically laid out and I like the tire pressure indicator.

Fit and finish could be improved. Seats could be more comfortable, although they're not as bad as other vehicles. I read that on first inspection the dash appeared attractive but that with time it began to look like cheap plastic. I completely agree with that statement.

What was I thinking?
By Chad

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it fully loaded for $34K. In two years the trade-in value is $13K. YIKES! This vehicle is a horrible value, and way under powered. Only 185hp. Can you say 'slug'? Third row is useless. We have to have people go in from the back and climb over the seat. Not too functional. And when the seat is up, you can only fit a couple of bags behind the seat. Have been trying to work some magic and trade it in for a 2005 Odyssey. But I really don't want to eat $6K on the trade! Looks like I will have to hang in there for a little longer and try to get it even. Please do not buy a Rendezvous! Do your checkbook and your family a favor and buy something with lasting value and function!

Not a winter vehicle
By michcar

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Rendezvous is a nice vehicle. Not flashy, not particularly cool, but nice. The storage in the front console is roomy and holds just about anything. The storage under the console is nice for CDs or maps. The one drawback for me is the drivability in the snow. This is the base model with traction control, although what traction it's controlling is beyond me. I'm used to 4wd or awd vehicles, so this one is an adventure. I would not recommend it for anyone who has to drive in ice/snow conditions.

Front console storage, cell phone holder, easy to fold rear seats

When going through a carwash with hi-pressure dryers, the roof of the car buckles. Can actually push it back up with your hand.

Bought It
By Rick

2003 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife's lease vehicle.I liked it so much I bought it after the lease ended.Paid $5000. less than the residual/buyout price.I have been driving an Audi A6 @.7tt. This certainly pales in comparison power wise.I like the console and storage spaces, driving position and overall driving comfort. Not fun but very competent.

Seats, console,driving position, comfort, DVD, rear park assist. Good cargo space

More power.Gas mileage abysmal for size. Rear hatch needs outside latch. More power. Styling is BOBO on rear half of vehicle. Better radio controls on steering wheel. More power