Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Lots of room
By PA Commuter

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a Certified Rendezvous and a Certified Pacifica within a month of each other. I took the Pacifica originally because it looks and feels sportier than the Redndezvous. Unfortunately after communing in the Pacifica for a few weeks I found the ride to be quite uncomfortable for someone my height (6'4"). I eventually traded it to my wife for her Rendezvous. I like the sporty look and feel of the Pacifica, but I appreciate the unbelievably comfortable seats (wide, high, heated) and soft ride of the Buick.

All wheel drive, heads-up display (sounds gimmicky but you learn to like it), very comfortable seats, high seating position, openness of cabin and third row seating

The All wheel drive system is too noticeable (you will notice the transfer of power). The operation of the AWD system in my Pacifica is invisible by comparison. The lack of a rear hatch latch is annoying. Makes you either go back up front and "pop" in or reach into your pocket to "beep" it

Love It!
By Krista

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In two years and over 60,000 miles, it's only been in the shop once! Two hours for an emissions sensor - didn't affect performance at all. You won't find a better value in a seven passenger vehicle. 20 mpg rivals any full size SUV. It feels underpowered if you try to pass at speeds over 80, but I keep up on California Freeways. Dual climate control and comfy seats make it perfect for long road trips. Handles well in the snow and tows great.

Dual climate control, folding 2nd and 3rd row seats, OnStar - awesome value - free first year, $35/mo for safety, vehicle diagnostics, towing and map services. I use OnStar for directions all the time.

More power, AWD standard, improved gas mileage, improved cup holders (Plastic inserts come out with your drink if it's a tight fit).

I love this car/suv/wagon.
By Jamie

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to have more space for my growing family but I wanted something that was comfortable and not in the van family. I am young and I desire a car that is nice looking and doesn't make me look old. This car is awesome on long road trips. It is so comfortable and it rides like a luxury car. It is elegant and worth the money.

I love the heated seats, heads up display, and the option for the second row to listen to something else then the people in front. I love the amount of space there is and that if the 3rd row isn't being used, it gives a lot of cargo space.

Gas mileage could be so much better.

Not completely happy with RDV quality
By Tracey

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2003 Rendezvous on October 8. It has been in the garage 2 times in 2 months. Had to have the fuel tank gauge sensor replaced and also the Intake Manifold was just replaced due to leaking back into the engine. So much for the 110 point GM Certified Inspection. I have also been having issues with starting the veh as the ignition doesn't want to release once the vehicle is started, it sometimes continues to crank. I was told that this is normal in GM products manufactured since 2003. Not sure that we will ever buy a Buick product again.

I love all of the interior features especially the head up display and the heated leather seats. I like the removable middle bucket seats and the fold down rear seat. As a mom of 3 children, all 5 of us fit really well and the kids have plenty of room.

Better quality.

Not Buicks best effort
By autoworker239

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is plagued with problems ranging from annoying to down right dangerous. Newer versions have corrected some of the problems but some of the more serious ones still remain including premature wheel hub failures, faulty wiring and bad transmissions. If you insist on buying one you'd better purchase the extended warranty and towing insurance because you're going to need it.