Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

A GM Fan No More!
By Chad

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle beacause of the rear cargo space and I did like how it drove compared to the Chrysler Pacifica. However as far as reliability, this vehicle is not what I would have expected for a Buick. I put on alot of miles and am beginning to be nickeled and dimed on this SUV. I can't say that I will be buying another GM soon. I'm looking to trade this one away. But oh yeah, that's right, it doesn't hold it's value neither. Guess I'm out of luck.

Cargo space and interior room are my favorite features. I also like the 7 passenger seating capability.

Style and reliability.

Buick Rendezvous
By Christopher Ordner

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Get great gas mileage and perfect features for my family of six. I have owned my Rendezvous for five months and not found one thing to complain about when it comes to its functionality. No comfort complaints either. As a matter of fact, since I have purchased my Rendezvous I have seen six new Rendezvous owners around my neighborhood.

Everything is very practical from cruise to automatic lighting. I like the ability to monitor mile gas mileage and the individual cup holders and lights, this is great for children.

My only complaint is the appearance of the Rendezvous from behind. Looks much like a minivan, and I would like to see it break away from that image.

Great Buick
By Don

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot of freeway miles and have found this vehicle to be quite comfortable and fairly easy on gas. I bought the base model and recommend the upgrade to the safety equipment: side air bags, anti lock brakes, and traction control. I believe they are worth the money and the vehicle list at around $28,500 with the options. However, you can push this vehicle up to around $34,000 with a lot a gadgets that are worth as on most vehicle about 40% of what you pay for them. If you want a good value stay near the base with those options that you really want. My biggest concern with this and most all vehicles of it's type is the lack a good way to secure luggage and other items in the rear area

Comfort and cost

Secure net for the rear luggage are in case of an emergency stop items don't fly through the air.

My Rendezvous
By Brenda Wendelken

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 1 year old car with 13000 miles on it from a dealer. All who ride in my car say it is the most comfortable riding SUV ever. Just like sitting on the living room sofa. It drives and handles like a Cadillac, has great pickup when needed; dashboard accessories are also conveniently located on steering wheel making for safer driving (no looking down to change radio stations, etc). Cargo area large enough for most items, middle seats fold down easily to create more room in cargo. Also has Onstar if installed when purchased. My only criticism is color of the spedometer numbers hard to see in daylight. Thank you GM for this great car!!

Steering wheel dashboard accessories. Cargo area is nice size. Middle seats fold up easily when space needed. Light controls can be set and forgotten; they will always work that way.

Color of speedometer numbers is hard to read in daylight. Should be darker or another stronger color. I would have liked car to come equipped with cargo netting instead of having to locate one and purchase it elsewhere. I would also like the drivers seat to back up further than it does.

Junk
By Brian Bryans

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had several mechanical issues on our Rendevous. This first was a transmission problem that kept the car in 3rd gear. This was repaired under warranty. We had to replace the tires at 20,000 miles and Buick would not prorate the tires because we did not have full paperwork showing that we had rotated the tires.Our most recent problem was with a check engine light. The light came on with 43,000 miles on the car, 7k miles out of warranty.It ended up being that water was getting into the car under the carpet and had rusted sensors. The dealership had to strip all the interior out and fix the problem. Cost $1200. There is no wonder GM is on the verge of bankruptcy!

Power is an issue in our model. With four passengers, the car shift out of overdrive often to stay at 70mph on the highway.