Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

American, but not quality
By KEN

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Made in Mexico. Issue with anti-freeze leak, plastic manifold gasket, $700 repair. Wheel bearings sealed, can not be greased, $300 each to replace. Why buy American with poor quality and maintenance issues? The front driver door out of alignment several times. Gas mileage gets worse, replaced computer chip after one year, did better, but now worse.

Ride, seat comfort

Better mileage

Unexpected maintenance cost
By 03Rendezvous

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall drive is fun. It feels like a car, but gives you room. Third seat option a must. Only used it a minimum amount of times but it was worth it each time we needed it. It was the highest maintenance cost vehicle we have had in about 15 years. As much as I liked the feel and ride, will not buy another one because of the maintenance cost.

Size, ride, external/internal appearance

Put a reading light in the front of the vehicle. Cannot read a map in the front seat. Light on the rearview mirror is inadequate. Cooling/heating vents in the third row section. Create electric third row set up. Third row is heavy and hard to set up.

My Opinion of Buick has Slipped
By Jon Tao

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new, not knowing it was made in Mexico. Shame on me for not doing my research. At 60k, the intake manifold started leaking and at 84k, the transmission needed major work. I am disappointed. GM needs to do better. It seems that these two problems are very common for this engine and transmission.

A very comfortable ride and if you keep it at 60mph, decent gas mileage, though I don't know how they claim 26 mpg on the highway. Great stereo.

Transmission and engine quality are poor compared to other models and need to be addressed.

Very happy
By very happy

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have used this car extensivly and I love it. Plenty of cargo space and comfort. More room than the most SUVs in its class. Rides like a car but has the room of a truck.

Need better gas mileage

Utter Junk
By Frosty

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this because my wife did not want to by typical looking minivan for the kids. What a bad choice. So far we have had the air conditioning overhauled at 10K miles, the engine seals blow at 20K miles, a complete transmission overhaul at 30K miles (had to call the mfg to get this covered under warranty), and now at 45K the wheel bearings and gas guage (800$ just for the gas guage repair)are toast. This is my second GM experience, fool me twice shame on me. As soon as I pay for the new bearings I am running to a Japanese or Korean car dealer ASAP.

None

Some, any, mechanical reliability.