Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Excellent SUV
By alley

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. Very comfortable to drive and ride in. Love the third row option. Could be a bit more snazzy and cool. Have made some good improvements since I purchased though. Friends still refer to it as a minivan despite SUV title.

Backing up sensors, third row cupholders for middle and third row

Style more like an SUV, less like a minivan

Excellent Vehicle
By K. Peterson

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Redezvous is a great veichle to drive. The truck is more like a luxury minivan, it has everything that someone looking for luxury would want. It drives great, and is perfect for out of town driving.

The ultrasonic parking sensor, the large outside mirrors tilt down automatially when in reverse, the heated seats, the foldable third row, the OnStar system, and the comfort of the second row seats.

No improvements.

Never buy this junk
By harminder.s.baidwan

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was the fan and proud to use GM vehicles, but now I will never buy or recommend to buy GM. Can you believe transmission problem at 63,000K.One problem after the another. Tapping noise in the morning and the dealer says it is normal. Does not have enough power. Going on the hill looks likes 4 cylinder car will do better. Bad mileage. Noise from the front wheel, had to replace both bearings. Back latch recall. It should be discontinued. I should have listen to my friend and bought some Japenese car instead. I will never recommend this junk to anybody.

GM engineers try to do some homework first before designing something good.

More GM junk
By ken kondrat

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle because it has enough head room for me to drive it. I am 6'7" and I do not fit in many vehicles GM makes. The full size pickups have less head room. During warranty they changed 3 front wheel bearings, stereo speakers and 2 starters. Now at 88,000 miles the intake manifold gasket is bad and I am getting quotes from $400.00 to $1200. A piece of Mexican made junk!

It is easy to get in and out of. My wife had back surgery and this is the main reason we bought this ugly thing. Interior room is decent but could use more leg room.

Reliability has and will be GM's downfall. This 100,000 mile warranty will be their death wish. No way are they going to be able to afford to repair this junk fleet. I work for them at an assembly plant I know if they wasted less money on stupid quality programs and more on reliability they'd be better.

Worst Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By John Ashton

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is only the second GM vehicle I have ever owned - and the last. The first GM vehicle I owned was a Chevrolet Vega back in the 1970s - enough said - and incredibly, the Rendezvous is even worse! Engine, transmission, AWD drive train, climate control, you name it. I thought in the three decades plus since the Vega, they would have learned how to build cars; no such luck.

After three years, I cannot think of one.