Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 231 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Great Ideas but toexpensive to maintain
By AWeaver

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In 2002 while looking for a SUV for my wife, we looked at all of them. Most required her to pull herself into them, and the Rendezvous allow her easy ins & outs. I expect normal maintenance on all my vehicles; however in my 52 years of driving I have never had to replaced a A/C condenser or manifold gasket in my vehicles like we Rendezvous owners have. GM knows they made a mistake on both, and as much as she likes this Rendezvous I will never buy another Buick, and may not consider a GM vehicle after owing over 20 of them.

Perfect for my wife, and her city driving. Also good on the highway, and AWD is a plus

Air bag disengagement drivers & passengers or adjustable pedals for petite people

Buick bombed on the Rendezvous
By Greg Katzke

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The worst vehicle I have ever owned. In 11 months the trasmision,air conditioning, fuel pump, body control module and the oxygen sensor has all needed work. With the total bills costing well over 5,000 dollars. All I can think is 3 more years until it's paid for. Don't buy one of these vehicles unless you're buying mine (it's almost new again).

Rendezvous Junk
By Barry

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When we bought it we were so excited, then the repair bills started, rear aluminium bracket, 800 dollars, then brakes, then rotors, then engine manifold and head gaskets. Spent over $4000 in repairs in one year. GM put out over 3 million 3.4 engines with defective gaskets knowingly and did not recall, very unethical company. They also knew about defective wheel bearings, this has hurt their sales in Canada big time. They are not an ethical company anymore and most of us GM folks have switched brands. Had a 4x4 as well and drove GM for years. Have to switch brands.

Comfort and visibility, lovely interior

Engine and drive train need replaced with one that is reliable.

Mechanical Nightmare
By juliaom

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Do not buy this Buick RDV. Now at 114,000 miles but everything breaks, first the AC, other repairs, then window motors, head gaskets rebuilt, now AWD disable light on, dealer said new hub and sensors needed for $600. Has cost me close to $8000 since 2004. Now excessive rust on front of Hood, visibly accelerating. Service Mgr said I should write to Buick, as repairs have been excessive. Buick rep said too bad, its not under warrenty. Never again will I buy GM.

Stereo and CD system. Visibility.

Build a mechanically reliable car like a Toyota. This car cost more in repairs than my last four cars combined.

Too costly to repair!
By 2002 Rendezvous

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Buick used with 17,000 miles on it. I have had all the bearings replaced. And the air conditioner condenser replaced twice in two years. The brakes do not last and other stuff I can't remember. The glove compartment hinge broke and they wanted the whole glove box replaced. The windshield fluid freezes up when it gets below zero even though I used special winter fluid. Now the service engine light is on and it won't pass the EPA check, so I have to trade it or buy a new sensor at $400 +. My next car will be a Toyota, Honda or some other reliable car that my friends rave about. I can no longer afford to "buy American" Are you listening, GM?

Comfortable on long drives, and folding and removable seats are excellent for hauling stuff.

GM should stand behind their product. Constant repairs are the reason I will never buy a GM product again no matter how may great deal offers they send me.