Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 231 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Nothing but trouble
By jbholt

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying that for the first 1.5 - 2 years, we loved this vehicle. At about 40,000 miles (just after the warranty ran out), we started to have problems that I don't think should ever occur on such a new vehicle. The air conditioning compressor cracked, and we were told that it was an engineering flaw (replaced to the tune of over $900). Just this week, we had to replace the head gaskets (I've NEVER had to replace head gaskets before) and the fan motor --- this bill was $1331. Because of the problems we have had with this vehicle, we will never buy another GM (we've been loyal GM customers for the last 17 years).

It's been horrible
By Hate it

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Air conditioner several times, manifold gasket, bearings, etc. You name it and I've put money in to it. I don't expect this vehicle to last the length of my loan. I had to call Buick and they did agree to pay some of the bills that I've had. I've put 3500 in to this car in a year and a half. I won't buy another Buick again, this was my second try and I got another lemon.

Please Don't Purchase
By Nikki Smith

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car in March for room. We traded in a Toyota Camry for it. The day after we drove it home, the air conditoning went out , and took 3 days to fix. Then on Memorial Day weekend , it went dead on me in another town, and we had to find a ride home. That was another couple of weeks without the ca,r and the dealership couldn't find out what was wrong with it. 2 weeks later, it left me on the side of the road again with a 2 month old. By the time of my 3rd payment, I hadn't actually had the car 3 weeks. No one could find out what was wrong, and the dealership wouldn't take it back. Still having problems. A bad experience.

Leather heated seats.

Relaibility overall. It is not dependable

great up to 50,000 miles
By great up to 50,000 m

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my buick up to 50,000 miles. Since then I have replaced an air conditioning component, the intake manifold ($1000.00) the secondary injection line, and I am on my way back to the dealer for another repair this week. Some kind of harness for the secondary injection. I have 53,000 miles on the car.

It's compact, with lots of room inside.

An engine that does not self destruct after 50,000 miles

Only liked it
By MOM

2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Rendezvous 2 yrs old from a dealership. The A/C was not working and two weeks later, the wheel bearings on the front went out. I had to pay 1/2 on the wheel bearings to the dealership because they claimed it wasn't covered on the warranty I purchased, saying it was "normal wear and tear". But, I'd only had the vehicle two weeks and couldn't have done that damage. They decided to charge me 1/2 to fix it. I thought it odd that a vehicle only 2 years old had such problems. I have not had any other problems and really the vehicle.

Heated seats, air compressor built-in, third row seat, stereo system.

Needs more power, lags going up hills. Put in better A/C components.