Used 2013 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Shivers
By David Goudreau

2013 Buick Regal Premium 3 Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car gives me the shivers. I love driving it. I've wanted an older sports car but I find I don't need one anymore because the Regal is so much fun to drive

2013 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo
By Mike Benninger

2013 Buick Regal Premium 1 Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Buick Regal Turbo Premium 1, with a sunroof and the chrome wheels for $16000.00 in January 2017. It had 5800 miles and was in showroom condition. We drove it to Florida and put over 3000 miles on it. I flogged it pretty hard going to Ft Myers, often exceeding 90 mph and rarely going under 80 mph. The car performed flawlessly. My overall mileage was 26.2 mpg according to the trip computer. On the way home I did one tank of gas without exceeding 72 mph and got 32.6 mpg. Very comfortable seats. Good performance. The ride was a little stiff but the handling was great. Lots of trunk space. The instrument lighting would sometimes stay in darkness mode making it very difficult to see the radio screen. The cup holder could not hold 2 large McDonalds cups next to each other without them leaning. I removed the cup holder liner and that helped, but it was still a problem. Like all cars now it takes awhile to understand all the electronic controls, but, compared to my wifes's Madza and a lot of my friends cars, it was relatively easy. I wish it had a backup camera, but, the backup alert system on the Premium 1 is pretty good. Beautiful car. A lot of car for the money.

Fast, Fun and Luxurious
By Sully Lang

2013 Buick Regal Premium 1 Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased our first 2013 Regal Turbo Premium I in August of 2015. Black on black was beautiful inside and out. My son got in a wreck, totaled the car at 67.000 miles, but not a scratch on him. Side curtain airbags worked perfectly. We went out and bought another 2013 Turbo Premium I in Graphite Blue Metallic with a light cocoa dune interior. My wife and I love this car (both of them). I travel for work and have opportunity to drive many other vehicles as rentals (Altima, Challenger, Mustang, Optima, Camry, Accord, and others) but this is still my favorite. Great performance, comfort, and style. In the first Regal I achieved as high as 36 mpg over a 50 mile stretch (by onbrd comp). Average highway fuel economy at 70 mph is about 29 mpg. Around town is about 19 mpg, and mixed driving is about 23 or 24. Even after owning for well over a year the performance is exhilarating.

Comfortable, Sleek, and elegant
By Kassem Ismail

2013 Buick Regal 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

To start off, I would certainly like to say that for the money, Buick has done a marvelous job in owning up to the word luxury in this model. The seats hug you to eventually offer a simple release. The layout of the interior really makes up for the slight flaws found in the car. This would be my 3rd vehicle and previous owner to a Chevy HHR. The good definitely outweighs the bad with this car. The bad: one of the many terrible reviews on this car is the shiny chrome cover surrounding the gear shifter. Be careful, because at a stop light or pulling through a drive through a bright white reflection may beam you right in both eyes, causing you to cover your eyes (with dark window tints, not so much of the sun makes it into the car which is not so bad). I am 5'8" and about 190lbs (I'm not too big of a guy), but getting into the car, sometimes I knock right into the lower part of the dash. Because I put my right foot in first and proceed to sit down, is maybe the tale tell sign of getting in the car wrong? But I tell you, if forgotten about, it can hurt like hell getting into the car. The acceleration has a bit of resistance also. Given that the car has adapted the eAssist concept of efficiency over power, I would say that its not a deal breaker. At times the media center in the dash can freeze/run slow/display the wrong information (which again, is not a deal breaker because it has happened maybe 5 times out of owning the car for 7 months). Of course not having much trunk space is a downfall. The battery from the eAssist takes up a quarter of the trunk which doesn't play out too well if you like to store lots of tire size objects in your trunk. The rear seats still fold down so that is a positive outlook on it. Speaking of seats, some of the threads are coming out of the leather in the back of the drivers seat, which has me baffled because neither I or the owner before are big guys. The pieces of leather are literally separating, giving a view of about 3 cm wide into the darkness of the inside of the seat. Also the matte material on the door panel (covering window switches and pieces on the steering wheel) have began to chip. I'm not sure what the previous owner did to start it, but it is not pleasing to the eye. The matte material is brown and under is black. So it really looks like the car is cheap when looked at closely. Luckily it does not flake up but only get bigger when scratched (which I assure you, will be kept to an absolute minimal). I am now done nit-picking every issue I have with the car. Honestly, isn't that much. Which is why I rated the car a 5* overall. All issues of mine are cosmetic (other than lack of acceleration, if I wanted power, I would've gotten a Dodge Challenger). I enjoy taking my Regal on a short drive to the grocery store or even hours away to a nearby city. The Regal hasn't failed me so far and has managed to slightly surpass my own first impression/standards of the car. I look forward for years to come with her.

advise
By Joanne Westley

2013 Buick Regal Premium 1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Do the research.