2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo: First Impressions
March 21, 2011
My first whirl behind the wheel of our longterm 2011 Buick Regal came this weekend, and the impressions arrived in my cerebral cortex in convenient bullet point format.
- It's quiet
- It's got quite a stiff chassis. Feels very solid; bodes well for upcoming performance-oriented variants
- Dynamically, there's no one home
- The overall ride quality has been well exectued -- compliant without resorting to numbing softness. The stiff chassis helps here.
- There is some unnecessary busy-ness that I attribute to the very short tire sidewalls
- Or perhaps it could be heavy wheels. Sometimes it's discern to tell the difference between sidewall impact harshness and 'heavy wheel feel'.
- The steering is quick
- Yup, real quiet
- Looks pretty sharp, especially in the front three-quarters view
Jason Kavanagh, Engineering Editor