Used 2011 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Traded in A4 for Buick Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a disappointing ownership experience with my 2009 A4, I decided that I wanted a different brand and I opted for a very low mileage 2011 Buick Regal Turbo.
After just two weeks, I am very impressed with the looks of the vehicle and the way it drives.
There is plenty of room in the cabin, seats are very comfortable and the vehicle handles the way a German built car should.
My initial fuel mileage is better than the Audi as well.
I have now owned this car for 2.5 years and it is, without question, the best car I have ever owned. Although I had a few minor items that needed fixing under the warranty, the car has cost little to keep on the road. The car is fun to drive and very comfortable on long trips. I am very pleased overall.
Update: 4/17/2017: I enjoyed my 2011 Buick Regal so much that I traded it in and purchased a 2013 RegalGS, which, after owning for 3 months, is a spectacular vehicle. My recommendation is that the 2011-2017 Regals are a wonderful car for the money.
At 3 years of ownership the Regal continues to impress me. It drives like a new car, costs very little to maintain and is still a sharp looking car as compared to any sedan on the road. Great car!

Sporty attention getting workhorse
By jcg6878

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Regal new.
Great experience with the sales staff and VIP style service department.
The car is beautiful.
Even two years later I still get compliments and questions about it.
It's a fun to drive comfortable sporty and luxurious.
Fully loaded, money well-spent.
I've driven the car from California to New York and back; made many road trips to Vegas.
I punish the car daily in heavy L.A. traffic on extremely hot days, too.
Very solid.
Low maintenance.
Only issue has been with the brakes.
Pads were glazed and rotors warped at 8,000 miles.
Replaced under warranty.
Brakes and rotors again at 29,000--warranty will not cover this time. Car is fantastic otherwise.

Interior and exterior styling, base engine is more than adequate in everyday driving, quiet, Nav system and Onstar (can't live without them), build quality, trunk space.

Base engine could certainly benefit from a bit more horsepower for certain driving situations (passing on two lane roads, merging onto freeways), Fuel economy for a 4 cylinder is shockingly low--shouldn't need the available eAssist (on newer models) to boost mileage on an engine this small. Voice prompts on navigation system are rough and sometimes unintelligible.

What a buy!
By cbbll

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for something with better gas mileage, stylish, and relatively roomy. I looked at several differnt options and never thought I would consider a Buick. When I drove this car, it instantly reminded me of our 09 Audi A4 with the way it handled. Of course, the acceleration doesn't quite compare, but it can still move right along. The black on black is very sharp and as a young professional, my friends and co workers laughed at me when I said I bought a Buick. That was until they saw the car. Now everyone wants to drive it!

I don't have a favorite because I love everything about it. I have not had any of the problems other owners have had. The car has almost 40k.

WORST EXPERIENCE
By jlrankin248

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It was a great deal and loved how it drove, however it has been in the shop for a total of 46 days since leaseing it. the car will just stop working and will not go into gear. six times i had it back in with no resolution. was rear ended because of it quitting and then the transmission would not shift or when it did the whole car would shudder. it cost me money and a client who was stranded with me. I drove it into the dealer today and handed them the keys with 12 months left to go. Buick gave me all the excuses in the world save for finally sending out an engineer on the seventh try. I risked my life and that of my family's but not anymore. signed a lease for a 2013 Honda Accord.

Self Accelerates
By furys

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In spite of my Regal being a German made car, I
am not a troll, competitor, or foreigner. I actually drive this 2011 Buick Regal Turbo in Denver. We paid a whopping $28K with a sticker price of $33K in July 2011. The dealership we purchased this car from, GO Buick Park Meadows, refuses to repair it. GM sent a third party specialist to verify the problem last month and we have yet to hear back from Buick.

Yes, I put my right foot on the brake when starting the car. It randomly self accelerates when in park, reverse or drive. The dangerous acceleration problem persists. Sadly, my family just can't continue driving this dangerous car. Post if you have the same issue with your new Buick Regal.

Exterior side view.