Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Love, Love, and Love
By roserita1

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love love love my Buick! Just purchased a 2011 CLX, the color I was not thrilled about because it was triple black but once inside WOW! I'm in my 60's but sassy and this is me all the way. Back in 1972 I had a tan Regal it was sporty as well and then it went to the parent look.. I tell you when I get in this car it makes me feel wonderful, its not to small but not big either, I looked at the Lacross it was much to large for me my children are all grown and on their own so I told the dealer it fit me and my purse just fine. If you have not driven it you own it to yourself to take a test drive you will be sold, another thrilled Buick owner.

Mirrors are shaped weird so you need to get use to that.

Gets better With Age.
By nydogboy

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The ladies love the sporty look, but, if you are more than 5'8" you'll be challenged to enter this car.
It's quieter than my 2006 Malibu Maxx, which I kinda miss, but the transmission is very busy and you can hear every move it makes.
It's hard to keep the RPMs under 2200 because it keeps shifting around town.
It is a pleasure to drive on the highway.
I was hoping the 6-speed, 4 cylinder Regal would get better mileage than my v-6, 210 hp Malibu Maxx...wrong. It's about the same.
I like the car and hope to have it for 5 or more years, which I typically do.
03/22/2016: I love this Buick and have no intentions of trading it. It's a comfortable, steady, reliable and familiar vehicle. Front disc brakes new at 51,000 miles, otherwise just simple oil changes. The 4 cylinder is still peppy and hard to keep under 75-80.
A great car all around and it looks great too!

Great car - so so navigation - repairs already?
By waxahachiejoe

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 Regal used with 18K miles on it.
The car is great, and way more fun to drive than I thought.
My navigation keeps resetting the time to an hour ahead, no matter how many times I set it. The navigation thinks I live in DC.
I even paid for the $200 nav update disk and still the same.
No traffic updates and no blue tooth streaming.
I would not have bought this car had I known how horrible the nav is.
The driver's heated seat does not work, and the auto a/c is way off. I have to set it to 80 degrees to get warm and 70 to cool off.
I'm hoping a visit to the dealership will fix these issues but I shouldn't have to with 18K miles on it.

Good styling and handling. Fun to drive. Good looking interior. Inexpensive used

Fix the navigation issues. Traffic updates and Bluetooth streaming should be included with the navigation, other brands do. Car shouldn't have problems with 18K miles on it.

Sporty attention getting workhorse
By jcg6878

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Regal new.
Great experience with the sales staff and VIP style service department.
The car is beautiful.
Even two years later I still get compliments and questions about it.
It's a fun to drive comfortable sporty and luxurious.
Fully loaded, money well-spent.
I've driven the car from California to New York and back; made many road trips to Vegas.
I punish the car daily in heavy L.A. traffic on extremely hot days, too.
Very solid.
Low maintenance.
Only issue has been with the brakes.
Pads were glazed and rotors warped at 8,000 miles.
Replaced under warranty.
Brakes and rotors again at 29,000--warranty will not cover this time. Car is fantastic otherwise.

Interior and exterior styling, base engine is more than adequate in everyday driving, quiet, Nav system and Onstar (can't live without them), build quality, trunk space.

Base engine could certainly benefit from a bit more horsepower for certain driving situations (passing on two lane roads, merging onto freeways), Fuel economy for a 4 cylinder is shockingly low--shouldn't need the available eAssist (on newer models) to boost mileage on an engine this small. Voice prompts on navigation system are rough and sometimes unintelligible.

What a buy!
By cbbll

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for something with better gas mileage, stylish, and relatively roomy. I looked at several differnt options and never thought I would consider a Buick. When I drove this car, it instantly reminded me of our 09 Audi A4 with the way it handled. Of course, the acceleration doesn't quite compare, but it can still move right along. The black on black is very sharp and as a young professional, my friends and co workers laughed at me when I said I bought a Buick. That was until they saw the car. Now everyone wants to drive it!

I don't have a favorite because I love everything about it. I have not had any of the problems other owners have had. The car has almost 40k.