Used 2011 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Gets better With Age.
By nydogboy

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The ladies love the sporty look, but, if you are more than 5'8" you'll be challenged to enter this car.
It's quieter than my 2006 Malibu Maxx, which I kinda miss, but the transmission is very busy and you can hear every move it makes.
It's hard to keep the RPMs under 2200 because it keeps shifting around town.
It is a pleasure to drive on the highway.
I was hoping the 6-speed, 4 cylinder Regal would get better mileage than my v-6, 210 hp Malibu Maxx...wrong. It's about the same.
I like the car and hope to have it for 5 or more years, which I typically do.
03/22/2016: I love this Buick and have no intentions of trading it. It's a comfortable, steady, reliable and familiar vehicle. Front disc brakes new at 51,000 miles, otherwise just simple oil changes. The 4 cylinder is still peppy and hard to keep under 75-80.
A great car all around and it looks great too!

Great car - so so navigation - repairs already?
By waxahachiejoe

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 Regal used with 18K miles on it.
The car is great, and way more fun to drive than I thought.
My navigation keeps resetting the time to an hour ahead, no matter how many times I set it. The navigation thinks I live in DC.
I even paid for the $200 nav update disk and still the same.
No traffic updates and no blue tooth streaming.
I would not have bought this car had I known how horrible the nav is.
The driver's heated seat does not work, and the auto a/c is way off. I have to set it to 80 degrees to get warm and 70 to cool off.
I'm hoping a visit to the dealership will fix these issues but I shouldn't have to with 18K miles on it.

Good styling and handling. Fun to drive. Good looking interior. Inexpensive used

Fix the navigation issues. Traffic updates and Bluetooth streaming should be included with the navigation, other brands do. Car shouldn't have problems with 18K miles on it.

Traded in my A4 for 2011 Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

6 weeks ago, I decided to say goodbye to my Audi Service Department, where I spent way too much time with my A4.
I located a Certified Regal with 2500 miles on the odometer and fully loaded with options - and built in Germany!
Now that I am settling in with my new car, I can honestly say that it is a beautiful automobile.
The cabin is very comfortable and quiet, the engine has plenty of power, and it is fun to drive.
Despite being FWD, I find little difference in handling from the AWD Audi.I have the 6-speed Automatic which is a grand transmission - it always seems to be in the right gear and the shifts are very smooth.
Fuel mileage is comparable to the Audi.

Great looks with the standard 18" wheels and very comfortable black leather seats. Harmon Kardon audio system is outstanding.

Bluetooth system is fine when calling, but lacks the ability to store my numbers. Since I make very few calls in the car, this is not a problem for me and I know that newer models have had upgrades.

Traded in A4 for Buick Regal Turbo
By shs92645

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a disappointing ownership experience with my 2009 A4, I decided that I wanted a different brand and I opted for a very low mileage 2011 Buick Regal Turbo.
After just two weeks, I am very impressed with the looks of the vehicle and the way it drives.
There is plenty of room in the cabin, seats are very comfortable and the vehicle handles the way a German built car should.
My initial fuel mileage is better than the Audi as well.
I have now owned this car for 2.5 years and it is, without question, the best car I have ever owned. Although I had a few minor items that needed fixing under the warranty, the car has cost little to keep on the road. The car is fun to drive and very comfortable on long trips. I am very pleased overall.
At 3 years of ownership the Regal continues to impress me. It drives like a new car, costs very little to maintain and is still a sharp looking car as compared to any sedan on the road. Great car!

Sporty attention getting workhorse
By jcg6878

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Regal new.
Great experience with the sales staff and VIP style service department.
The car is beautiful.
Even two years later I still get compliments and questions about it.
It's a fun to drive comfortable sporty and luxurious.
Fully loaded, money well-spent.
I've driven the car from California to New York and back; made many road trips to Vegas.
I punish the car daily in heavy L.A. traffic on extremely hot days, too.
Very solid.
Low maintenance.
Only issue has been with the brakes.
Pads were glazed and rotors warped at 8,000 miles.
Replaced under warranty.
Brakes and rotors again at 29,000--warranty will not cover this time. Car is fantastic otherwise.

Interior and exterior styling, base engine is more than adequate in everyday driving, quiet, Nav system and Onstar (can't live without them), build quality, trunk space.

Base engine could certainly benefit from a bit more horsepower for certain driving situations (passing on two lane roads, merging onto freeways), Fuel economy for a 4 cylinder is shockingly low--shouldn't need the available eAssist (on newer models) to boost mileage on an engine this small. Voice prompts on navigation system are rough and sometimes unintelligible.