Used 2011 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Great sport sedan for the money.
By Samuel Christen

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My only real gripe re this car is entering and exiting my 77 yr old 6-2 frame in and out of it. Reminds me of my days during Vietnam squirming into a Navy fighter. This Buick is fast, powerful, quiet, rides well and has all the bells and whistles. Acceleration with the turbo will blow most other cars away. Shifting by the Auto transmission could be smoother, and I did not care for the "auto-manual" mode available by slapping the gear selector sudeways. The car is VERY quiet at speed on the highway, I recommend using cruise control so you do not creep up to 120 mph like I did once in Arizona. Love the different suspension modes available, and the premium sound system is great. To match this Buick, you would have to pay much more for a European sports sedan---don't!

Never again
By Never again

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Be for you buy this car just remember Buick didn't make this vehicle. All I do is spend money on this vehicle. I thought since it had a Buick emblem on it it was a reliable vehicle. I was wrong, this car is very expensive to fix. Don't trust to take it far.

Great decision
By dewayne harris

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Truly grateful for the decision to purchase this vehicle.

I USE to Love this car!
By 82oldsmobile

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So I have written a post about this car when I purchased it in January of 2012. At that time I loved everything about the car, but that changed quickly! After having this car for 6 out of the 7 years (I bought this car used with 3400 miles on it) it is turning into a piece of JUNK! at around 15000 miles part of the transmission went out. Several pieces of the interior started flaking making the inside look like crap! I had the onstar antenna replaced twice. My headlights fill up with moisture and water, which by the way is not covered under warranty, so I have to have crappy looking headlights. I had an oil consumption problem as well and at 45000 miles the pistons and rings had to be replaced!! Now at 46000 mile the transmission is acting up again and needs to be fixed! If I did not purchase an extended warranty I would have been screwed!!!! The total cost is at $3000.00 to fix it. I have a warranty till October 2019 and after that this car is being traded in!!!! Probably not on another Buick! This has got to be the worst car every purchased besides the 06 Buick Rendezvous CXL I purchased in 2006!

Transmission out at 82k miles
By Misty

2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car cut off 3 times while driving. I had an inspection done. 4 times in a year of various issues. The camshaft sensor, engine sensor, strut mounts, leaking power steering rack, emissions codes. I bought a gm gas cap that didn't fix the evavap codes. After inspections & repairs and 6 months later. Buick gmc says oh you need a transmission. They kept telling me that's how buick regal transmission does its a down shift with your not accelerating. There was a transmission module recall in 2016. However no letter was sent to me to have fixed. Not to mention i only owed 5k on the car & the Buick lot only valued my car at 1000.00. 80 to 100kmiles & the transmission will go out on buick regals powertrain warranty only covers at 70k miles. I hate buick.