Used 2000 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Nice Car but Typical GM Quality
By TechMom

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

This car has been solid so far in engine and tranny - it's everything else that's the problem. However, to date it has needed over $4000 in extended warranty work. ABS, sunroof, fuel level sensor, climate display, front wheel bearing, tie rod, key assembly, window motors, etc. We're at 73K, and to be honest, I'm frightened of the future. When this car starts costing me too much in repairs, I'm buying a Honda, We've always bought American (GM, specifically), but have come to the realization that they (GM)still don't know how to build true "quality" products. After all this time being trounced by Honda and Toyota, you'd think they would have learned by now.

Reputable dealer and excellent service (the main reason we considered and bought a Buick!), Monsoon stereo, power seats, power when I need it.

GM needs to take a hard look at parts that consistently break in model after model, year after year - window motors, for example.

Awesome Car!
By Steve

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car as a trade-in while I was working at a Jaguar dealer with about 78,000 miles on it. From the first day I drove it I was impressed with its comfort and performance. I have had it for close to a year now and I cannot picture driving any other car. To be honest, this car feels about as close to a Jaguar as GM will probably ever get. However, the exhaust is a bit wimpy and a Pontiac Grand Prix exhaust would be perfect for the Regal. Also the headrests are very small and do not support the head whatsoever. I'm searching for Century headrests to put in so I can feel safe if I get into an accident, God forbid. The Regal is still a great car and I will always be a Buick buyer!

I love the way the seats feel, the monsoon radio is spectacular, the radio controls on the steering wheel and if I keep going on about this car I won't have enough room!! All around great car.

The steering wheel is said to be leather wrapped...but it feels very hard and plasticy, so I doubt it. Also a BIG problem is RUST forming along both rear wheel wells. I had the car taken to a body shop and I've had estimates from $300-$1,600 to fix it. After 5 years a Buick should not rust!

The best car I've ever owned
By uknowimfreaky

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I have four cars right now, and have owned many more. This Regal is a keeper. I bought it used and it has been through a lot of hard driving and virtually no maintenance. This car is the most reliable, good looking, well equipped car I have owned and it is a shame they replaced it with the LaCrosse.

Looks, stereo system, all features and warnings, ride, comforts.

The center console is too low and I cannot put my elbow on it comfortably.

2000 Regal GS great value
By mobill

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Buick Regal GS in June 2004, with 114k miles on it, only have had to replace the supercharger belt and serpentine belt, this car has lots of power, very comfortable, and gets 35+ mpg on the highway. An awesome combination of luxury, comfort, and performance. running with Mobil 1 synthetic oil, the motor uses absolutely zero, zilch, nata oil! What a machine!

Superb engine, great power, great economy.

Finicky glove compartment box lid , which needs to be repaired or replaced.

great
By pjw

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

great I love this car best one I have
ever owned. I will buy one again.