Used 2000 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Third and last Buick for me
By Regally disappointed

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 GS Regal has cost me a lot of bucks. Most recently the drivers door window (power) went out and it cost me 550 dollars to have it fixed. The motor worked but the cable broke. On an earlier situation the front end drug with any dip and the result was a damaged oil pan. Little things like only partial LED digits on the radio and dashboard readout. According to the computer my mileage of 20.1 mpg in city driving is actually questionable as my computations never reached that high. I have a very light foot unless I find myself in a bind and need power to escape a challenge in traffic. No more Buicks for me. I have test drove many new models and they look good but experience rules.

Smooth ride on flat ground and with minor hills.

None - newer models probably have been addressed.

Dependable Car
By A McKay

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan

This car has been dependable from day one. No breakdowns in 6 years. No repairs other than maintenance. Still a solid feeling car after 6 yrs and 80K miles.

The best yet
By mrsmooth

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever owned. No problems 68000 miles. And a body that never looks outdated.

Auto heat and air power seats and auto controls on the steering wheel to name a few

Bulletproof, smooth and comfy love it
By RyanZ

2000 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Well the truth is I was tired of fixing my Accord and my wife's Camry so I bought a Buick with 900 miles on the odometer. It now passed 110,000 miles and is problem free. I get 31mpg and 27 in town. I put a transmission in my Accord at 65,000 and couldnt stand that piece of junk anymore. I love the way Buick builds their car. I drive very hard but I take care of my car. I just bought my wife a new Lucerne.

Comfort, smooth ride, great fuel economy, safety.

Exterior is a bit bland but big deal.

Fun to drive, drag to fix
By NL

2000 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 2000 Buick GSE for two years now. I love the supercharged 3.8, powershift and traction control, leather seats and the sleeper look. The car has plenty of power when I want it and the traction control works better than I expected in upstate ny winters. The interior is well done, my favorites are the leather seats,the monsoon stereo, and very cold a/c. I recently turned 44k miles and have replaced front brakes due to frozen caliper, rear brake rotors due to warp, there is an exhaust leak at the flex and unbelievably all the wheels are so corroded that they leak air and the shop recomends replacing all for $800-$1000. The white paint is also failing and starting to peel.

Supercharged 3.8, traction control, a/c, leather seats

Quality, quality, quality. I have owned other GMs and they all have the same lousy brake life and problems. The same exhaust failure as on my 92' Lesabre. The rims are all bad at only 44000 miles is ridiculous and the paint is peeling off on the quarter panels in both wheel wells.