Used 2000 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Best Dang Car I've EVER owned.
By Rob Barker

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 260,000 miles. I'm still driving it, 3 years later, and it has 330,000 miles! It has costed me ZERO dollars. Nothing. No repairs outside of a rusted break line.

Best Used Car Purchase EVER!
By Judy

2000 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

Today is 8/26/17. I bought my Buick Regal GSE Supercharged on 9/26/16. It had 116,102 miles on it. It now has 140,343 miles on it. (I work 45 miles away from home - one way. I travel to work 4x a week). Including the owner that I bought it from, it had 3 prior owners. The original owner was a elderly lady that drove it to the local grocery store and to church; a family member inherited it but didn't drive it much; then the guy that I bought it from owned it. Before I purchased the car, I did a Carfax on it and got a buy back guarantee through Carfax. I also got every single maintenance record on the car since it's original purchase. During the prior owner's possession, he had regular maintenance stuff done plus a new blower motor for ac and heat, the engine valve cover (which was covered under warranty), tie rod ends and wheel bearings hub assembly. At 118,212 miles- I had to replace the EGR valve ($334.60). At 126,863 miles- I had to replace the radiator (502.99). At 135,965 miles- I had to replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor on it (I left for work for lunch one afternoon, the check engine light illuminated and the car acted like it was going to die, then it surged and sputtered then died. It came back on and did it again - so I had it towed to my mechanic and they did the diagnostics on it and determined it was the MAF sensor). I also replaced the serpentine belt replaced on it at the same time ($494.22). The car runs great! What I don't like are two things: 1) the cup holder in the center console is annoying to use. I usually don't use it. 2) and I hate this......the Power Steering Pump reservoir is a pain in the buttocks to access and fill!!!!!! I had to get on a stool, stick nearly my entire arm down in the engine just to get the cap off. Then I had to use TWO long neck funnels to get the fluid into the reservoir without spilling it everywhere.

I have been very pleased with this car. She is pretty quick too. :) Handles well and rides smooth. I currently have Yokohama tires on it. I did have Michelin Defenders but had to downgrade for financial reasons. :)

Out of 6 BMWs and 6 Mercedes, my FAVORITE
By Jerry

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

I've owned 6 BMWs and 6 Mercedes, and I expect a LOT from my cars. I bought my LSE after getting fed up with being $1000'd to death by Mercedes and BMW. Thought I'd give a Buick a try, but wasn't really expecting much, considering it was a, well, BUICK. Boy, was I surprised! This is my favorite car ever, and I don't say that lightly. Gets 32 mpg on long trips, has the touring suspension and corners like it's on rails. As most Mercedes owners will admit, the cruise control and A/C are unreliable at best. This dual zone automatic climate control is faultless, EVERYTHING ALWAYS WORKS as it should, and this car is really loaded up with options like a Cadillac. It is absolutely reliable, smooth riding, good power, and fun to drive. Mercedes could learn a thing or two from this car's reliability, so could BMW.
IF you find one of these LSE models and you don't buy it, you should kick yourself hard. So it's a 2000 model, you'll get tired of it before you'll ever sear it out. The only weak spot is the front wheel bearings which you will need to replace by 100K miles. It's a simple DIY job. Dont buy the cheap Chinese aftermarket bearings. Go for the Timken.

Decent ride, lots of repairs though
By faststrat02

2000 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

Where to begin.
Pros first:

-Car drives wonderfully on the highway, sometimes see 28-29 MPG.
Not bad for a 3.8
-A/C is ice cold (when it decides to work)
-3.8L V6 generally is a solid motor

Cons:
-Window regulator is out on passenger right side (common for this car).

Unfortunately, I've
had to put quite a bit of money into this car. Where to start:

-Struts all around/upper strut mount
-Replaced both valve cover gaskets, tensioner assembly
-Tie rod ends replaced @ 80k
-Replace Hub bearings/front axle (both sides)
-City gas mileage is horrendous.
I've yet to see over 20mpg.
Average is 15-17.
Good car for highway travel, but NOT ideal for commuting.

-Smooth steering -Semi-quiet at highway speeds -Torque is plentiful -Room for 4+ persons

-Interior build quality. Is it all GM, or did they really screw up the regal? dash rattles abound. -Bucket seats need side bolsters. Comfy like couches, but there is NO support -Front and rear cupholder placement abysmal. Again, what were they thinking? -Smaller diameter steering wheel, quite bulky.

Affordable Luxury
By Best Car Ever!

2000 Buick Regal LSE 4dr Sedan

My Buick is 10 years old and I have never had a problem with it. I have done normal maintenance and it still looks new. The leather is in good shape, engine still powerful. I travel a lot and rent quite a few cars and my Regal is a lot more spacious and comfortable than cars much more expensive. I am a young guy, but I don't care if there is a stigma owning a Buick.... I will buy another!!

Comfort, Reliability

Cup holders are really flimsy