Used 1999 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Worst. Car. Ever.
By hwysqrl1

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with only 19k miles on it. In three years time, I have had to replace almost every single engine part. The cup holder pulled off in my hand. The rear mirror leaked the auto-darkening stuff so you couldn't see out of it at all. The visors broke off. The gas gauge broke. The low tire & service engine lights have been on for 2 years regardless of all of the work that has been done. The heat and A/C went out. One window will only roll down halfway. The interior portion of the doors are separating from the exterior - which is severely rusting. This car is a piece of junk. It costs me about $2000 a year to keep it running. I am going to buy a foreign car as soon as I can.

Tried and True
By Ryan

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

I think this car has proven to be one of the best cars of the past decade. There are some things I wish had been designed differently but all in all, this car has been a gem. I have about 145K miles on it, and have had a repair or two. This is my third Buick and won't be my last.

Comfort-Seats are extremely comfortable and have held up well with proper leather treatment. Body styling/reliability-With regular care, the exterior is in immaculate condition; and no rust.

Interior materials could be slightly improved. Less plastic, more leather and vinyl. Overall, this car is fantastic.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By shop247

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

She's just about past her prime. She has 230k miles on her, we drive 25k a year. It hurts to take her off the road but she's worked long and hard. Never failed to start, even at 3 am on the coldest winter day. This year has been tough on her, I've sunk close to $3k into her, ac compressor, tie rods, brakes, mass air flow, a blower motor, and a few other little things. Her rack just went and the trannie lines are leaking so it's time to let go. I did have to replace the trannie a few years ago at about 150k miles or so. In the last 10 years, I've replaced the battery once, maybe 2 starters and an alternator.. My mechanic swears the engine on these cars will never die.

leather heated seats, corners like a dream, no shimmying or shaking at high speeds, steering wheel controls

Since I got 230k miles out of the engine, I think you did good.

problems
By Connie

1999 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan

Needed new power steering, air condition went, intake manifold gasket for over $1,000, Fuel Pump, Starter, Cracked sway bar. I will never buy a GM Car again.

Great Car
By DJB

1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan

We have had our Regal for 10 years and it just rolled over 200,000. We have driven it on many driving vacations and got as good as 29 mpg on those trips. This is our 2nd Regal. The first one we had for about 8 years and it had about 250,000 miles on it. Very good product! I'm just sorry that they don't make the Regal anymore. I see that it is a big seller in China or Japan though so maybe it will make it's way back to the US one day. The problems we have had are minimal, nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle.

Style, comfortable ride, sound system