Used 1993 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Buick Regal

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Regal Gran Sport
By Mr. Buick

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

The 93 Regal is a good reliable vehicle, though these days the gas mileage is a problem. Spending an hour to 2 on the highway used a half a tank of gas. Its very comfortable with plenty of space for people and cargo. Headlights are too dim (though that may be due to age). No major complaints, and this car will run forever. Though my windows have gone off- track multiple times even after getting them replaced; they don't seem to be quality windows. I would advise people to find a newer car these days as the 93 Regal is 16 years old now.

The very comfortable seats, powerful engine

Very bouncy ride, gas mileage stinks, climate control buttons not as easily understandable as newer cars, brakes are spongy

Excellent quality and reliability
By AAA

1993 Buick Regal Custom 4dr Sedan

I didn't actually buy this myself, it was a hand me down from my Grandfather, but he was the original owner. The car has about 191,000 km (118,700 miles) on it, and has had a very good life. It is still in pretty good running condition today, with minor problems here and there. No major repairs were needed, and the car has been very reliable throughout the entire time my family has owned it. It has been an extremely pleasing vehicle, and I would definitely recommend Buick to potential car purchasers!

Very comfortable interior (they don't make 'em like they used to!). The drive is quite smooth, there is plenty of room (even has a 6th seatbelt in the front), the engine gives a good performance, and there is plenty of trunk space.

As mentioned in other reviews, the oil filter is in a hard to reach location, otherwise, no major complaints.

I'm sold on Buicks now!
By Imani Odufuye

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

I currently own many cars Ford, Chrsyler Chevy, but the b\Buick GS is my daily driver and I absolutely love it. I don't agree with many of the owners, in terms of performance,(170hp? are you kidding?) however it can get out of its way. GM addressed this issue with the 3800 series 2. The interior is nicely layed out with the console and gauges. The transmission is silky smooth, the reliability approaches the likes of Honda or Toyota. The 93 Buick was clearly one of the best cars of the dismal 90's

I love compliment of gauges and the push button controls.

Location of the oil filter, and the steering is heavy

Awesome car!
By Art L.

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

I owned this car for 13 years putting 262,000 miles on it. Yes it really did last that long until transmission broke and became too expensive to fix. I had regular maintnece and took very good care of the car. I liked a lot of features the car had. Just a few issues with the car like brakes and had to get a new radiator at 140,000.

208,000 Miles and still running strong.
By Fred Hanter

1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport 4dr Sedan

I am the first and only owner of this car. I bought it back in late '93 and the only problem with it was that around 60,000 miles 4 spark plugs were shot by no means anything serious. I have taken very good care of it and there is only one rust spot about the size of a quarter.

Performance of engine, sounds system 8 speaker with equalizer amp, fuel mileage and overall reliability.

A little expensive from factory.