Used 2006 Buick Rainier SUV Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Rainier SUV

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Glad I Found This One
By JB

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I've owned several autos in the past, including two Toyotas and a Chevy Trailblazer ('04). I usually go pretty basic on them, then look at the owner's manual later and realize all the goodies I didn't have on mine. All that has changed with buying the Rainier. If this truck were a movie, it would truly be a "sleeper." I don't know why more people haven't discovered all the virtues of this vehicle.

I love the driver information center and all the choices you have on things, right down to how you want the doors to unlock when you shift to park. It will even let you know if you have left the gas cap off when you fill up. The magohany and leather steering wheel is a work of art.

Can't think of many, other than the cupholders so many have already mentioned.

Love it
By Joyce

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am so happy with my new truck. I went from a 1999 Tahoe to this. There is nothing that comes close to the comfort this truck offers. It is easy on the eyes and you will find your self not wanting to pull up in the garage.

Comfort, easy to drive

The only thing I don't know about mine is my tire presure. How funny is that?

Everything I Need
By frank

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a Cadillac Deville for the last 10 years the Rainier compares in features and comfort. I needed a vehicle with the luxury of a Cadillac and towing capacity of a truck. Behold the Rainier is the perfect vehicle for my needs.

The six cylinder is impressive. Plenty of power, quiet and smooth. Great economy also, on long trips 460-480 miles per tank. Also, it's a vehicle I'm most comfortable in being 265 pounds.

My primary complaint is more leg room must given to rear seat passengers.

My "BIG" SUV
By jelap

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been a 2006 SUV Buick owner for about 7 months now. Overall I am disapointed with the performance with the V6 291hp AWD, Hits slight inclines with a lot of difficulty, have to shove into 3rd gear to climb hills. Comfort wise, it is OK for me for my medium frame and build. Not very good on gas, get about 17-18 on streets, look at the mileage before you buy and factor in your daily/weekly/monthly cost. It is a sleek sexy car for the average person, The quality of the car is "huh" OK. The doors are "very" heavy and make a lot of noise when opening and closing, I tried oiling and greasing them, but to no avail. The lift mechanism for the hydraulics, when adjusting for heavy loads, is very noisy.

Great overall exterior design, very nice. Smooth comfortable to ride, roomy interior, great sound system, love the sunroof and tinted windows as well as the 2nd window lift up on the back door for easy access.

Quiter lift on hydraulics. Seals around doors for quiter interior. All leather option around whole steering wheel. More room in back to hide stuff away. EZ fold seat feature to completely hide seats (too bulky). Different bottom to top all around color schemes/design add ons.

Amazing SUV!
By Holly

2006 Buick Rainier SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best! My husband and I bought it for the room, safety features and comfort. We will be starting a family soon and this car is great. My friend bought one because she loved driving in mine so much.

OnStar and XM