Used 2005 Buick Rainier SUV Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rainier SUV

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Love my Buick
By stryen10

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Buick for four months now and I really fell in love with it. It is the most comfortable SUV that I have ridden in. The ride is like my cousin's Cadillac.

The heated seats that make it worth every penny that I paid for it.

The cup holder it is way too close to the shift knob.

I'm buying another
By skeet

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a vehicle I have liked more. Traded a BMW and would never go back. Feel reviewers have given this vehicle a bad rap. I like everything about this vehicle and can't wait to get my new one. Also own a DTS Caddy and really would just as soon drive the Buick. Runs like a scalded dog. A/C is fantastic. Ride is wonderful. Edmunds say Toureg or 4Runner? I say pooey. 6'1 250 lbs this is one roomy vehicle. Wonderfully reliable. What more can I say? Have owned Suburban and like this much better. Turns on a dime. Easy to park.

Ride, performance, and quietness.

A/C. Seats.

Wow
By Melody Myers

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed the ownership and smoothness of the ride, great amenities, and ease of handling.

OnStar, A/C system, seats, and automatic locks.

Excellent SUV
By Theo

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this SUV is fun. Handling is supurb. The quiet inside is next to none, that is outside noise is near "0" except for very loud noises. The layout inside makes everything easy to get to. Sight line to instruments is very good. Comfort in all seats is very good and there is enough leg room in the rear for a six foot plus person. Cargo space is good. The wheel well splash guards should be put on as a standard feature and not an option. This vehicle has been built with the persnickety driver in mind. Thanks for doing such a good job on this SUV. I often forget that I am driving an SUV because it feels so much like a car. Great job!

My favorite feature is the seating area. The seats are very comfortable with the 8 way power seats and the heated seats adds extra comfort on long trips, heat eases stress on the lower back. Laminated windows make the quiet so enjoyable with less road noise. Very quiet, very quiet.

Looks outside. Dual exhaust should be added to add some flair to the styling. More than the two types of wheels should be offered. A wider wheel and tire should be added as an option just to give it a better look.

2005 Rainier
By Pat

2005 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with the car so far. It's very reliable. The ride is very comfortable. It feels like you are driving a car, but you're just sitting higher up.

The engine. It is so powerful. The handling, it's very precise.

I can't really think of any improvements needed. Overall, it's a great vehicle!