Used 2004 Buick Rainier Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rainier

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Buick Rainier
By Talltom58

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the most fun of any I have ever owned. My fourth Buick, this is my first SUV. The ride is comfortable, and with plenty of leg and head room for a 6'6" guy. It handles well on the road and I have tested it in urban and rural, flat and mountain terrain. In the winter snow, on hills, it never hesitated to give a feeling of full control. Sight lines are good. Fuel mileage is good for a vehicle of this type.

The XM Sattelite radio is GREAT.

The cup holders in the front are in an awkward position relative to the stick shift. One is always available, but depending on the position of the stick, the other is a little harder to get to.

We love it
By Andrew

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car as a refined long distance transport and we are not disappointed. It (V8) has all the power we need when we want it. It is quiet enough to appreciate the Bose sound and the wonderful XM radio system. We paid a little more and opted for the small upgrades on the 2005 model. The test car was parked on a hill lot with the lot rim just in front of forward wheels in a foot of frozen snow. I had to apply a fair amount of power to overcome those conditions. You could feel the AWD come in and the rear didn't move an inch sideways as I hauled it up and out. Right there we decided that we didn't need another 4X4 to address our daily needs this car was perfect for us... so far.

AWD, Bose sound. Sat/Nav. Gorgeously comfy heated seats. Leather smell on opening the door! I really like the body design of these GM SUVs.

More safety features inside. Redesign dash.

Best SUV for the Price and Features IMHO
By Subhash Bhattacharyy

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2004 Buick Rainier. Went with the 2004 for the 3000 savings, and with 7000 in additional incentive from GM, I got one heck of a deal. The ride is smoother than the MDX, 4-Runner or Sequoia. Love the quiet interior, best built American SUV.

Sunroof, Quiet Ride

3 Row Seat

LOVE IT:)
By LIN

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Rainier in August and I cannot say enough about it. It rides beautifully. WHen I am talking on my cell phone no one even knows I am in my car that is how QUIET it rides. Only thing that I can see is that the gas mileage isnt the greatest but which SUV has great mileage? Thanks BUICK.....

The body, dual climate control and how solid the truck is. Made very well inside!!!!

The gas mileage and a little difficult to set the heat and air conditioner. Gets confusing with the blue and red and having to keep turning the knob.

Rainier
By dedapr

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very responsive and fun to drive. The
V8 gives enough power.

Sat Nav & XM radio make this car a winner. I would not have bought w/out. Very quiet ride and great sound system especially at low volume.

Front drink holders are not so good. W/ smokers kit only one available and hits drivers hand if you rest hand on gear shift. Moon roof should close when ignition is off. Rear seat right side headrest can create a blind spot.