Used 2004 Buick Rainier Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rainier

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Used Rainier Purchase
By Seaclusion

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Recently purchased used Rainier with V8 34000 trading in a GMC Envoy 6 cyl.First impressions are very favorable.No complaints and has a better ride than the GMC. Also V8 is a major plus for this vehicle. I have noted that AWD seems to engage in reverse as noted by one of your participants which will require watching.

V8. Satellite radio. Sunroof

Seats are comfortable but need to be less bench like, deeper bucket.

Great ride
By born1980

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had been looking mostly at imports and then stumbled upon this little known beauty. It is amazing the amount of car we got for the price. It is hands down the quietest vehicle I have driven, cars included.

Heated seats, in-dash 6 disc cd changer, air pump, memory seats are great, QuietTuning design, steering wheel audio controls

Wood grained steering wheel, higher end interior features and real wood

Buick...I thought they had better quality
By ????

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Buick Rainer has 57,000 miles. Every three or four months since I purchased the SUV I have had major problems. The drive train, the driver side seat, and major problems with the four wheel drive mechanism. I am very luckly that I purchased the extended warranty. I would not recommend purchasing this SUV. Just recently one dealship that I brought it to because it was making a very loud banging noise said, "You must have purchased a Friday afternoon car," after they saw the long list of things that I have already had to fix. Basically agreeing that there are and has been some major problems with my SUV. Buyer beware. I would not recommend this SUV

Wouldn't You rather drive a buick!
By Joseph

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Rainier 12/06. Have driven it about 600 miles so far. Love it! I wish I had gotten it alot sooner. I have driven, and was willing to buy the new '06 Explorer, but after driving it and deciding it wasn't all what they said, I decided to try a Pathfinder. Too expensive. So I decided to try a TrailBlazer, Envoy and such. Drove the Buick and was sold! I love the power, quietness, options and such. Explorer comes with one power-point, where Buick has three. Also if you go to U-haul they won't rent you a trailer if you have a Explorer. Enough said about the tranny.

V-8, sunroof, navigation, heated seats, oh and quietness!

None

Great Value
By Will

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth and quiet ride. Great truck on a long trip. Love all the options. Great value. Too bad Buick does not know how to market this vehicle as I do not fit the over 50 age group who would "rather be driving a Buick". I bought the truck by a chance viewing on the car lot.

Roomy interior, fold down cargo area that can fit a full size 4x8 piece of plywood. Turning radius

Thicker gauge metal on exterior. Rubber foot pad for left foot on drivers side. Light in glove box.