Used 1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Great Family Car
By JerryV

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Park Ave used with 40K miles. This car is by far the best full size car I have ever owned. It is reliable as it is comfortable. In the past 60K miles, I have not had to replace anything major on the car. The 3.8 L engine is easy on gas and provides adequate power in typical driving conditions. The only negative I have experienced with the car is that the front brakes require above average maintenance. Overall, a small price to pay. The trunk space exceeds the available storage of a Pathfinder or Explorer (with the second row seat up). This is the vehicle of choice for my family vacations. My young son fittingly calls our Park Ave "The Comfy Car".

Quiet ride, excellent fuel economy, comfortable seating for long trips.

I wish Buick would bring the design back. This one won't last forever.

Best Car to Date
By Mark

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my second 1999 Park Ave after trading in my first 99 for a 2004 Grand Prix. While the Grand Prix is sporty, it doesn't hold a candle to the size, ride, mpg and trouble free driving I have experienced with the Park Avenue. I routinely get over 30 mpg on the highway and over 20 mpg in the city, that is better than my 4 cylinder pick up truck! I purchase my current Buick with 57,000 miles on it and now have over 112,000 and have only had to perform routine maintenance on the vehicle. It is a comfortable, reliable ride that I never get tired of. I also have a 2007 Lucerne, but as nice as it is, I prefer my Park Ave and will replace it with another when the time comes.

Ride and Reliability, the 3800 V6 is superb!

Absolutely nothing!

Beautiful
By Beautiful!!!

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is the most awesome car! The ride, comfort, stability, handling, looks, everything about this car is wonderful! I will never own another car but this!

Heated seats in the winter!

Can't think of an improvement!

It has been a good choice
By Dal

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Purchased it used and being in what seemed to be in decent shape. Love the ride and room. Get about 26 mph which I thought was a couple of mpg short. But it is supercharged. Traded in an older LS400 Lexus which I liked. But I think this rides better,just as comforable,and I would guess a lot less to repair. Haven't had to yet. Has 94000 miles now. This car looks like it's going to be a keeper. My next used car will probably be another Buick thanks to this one.

Comforable seats. Ride is great. Trunk is huge. Silent like a tomb. Dash is easy to see and read. Great sounding radio. Features seem unlimited. Rear passenagers like the room. All the heating and air controls for each person. Can you tell I like it. I also like the small add on visors.

Get rid of the supercharger and reduce the HP to equal the other Buicks and give me the 30mpg they get. What good is a valet key if they can open the trunk from inside anyways. Glove box to small for anything.

99 Park Avenue
By R Bishop

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just wanted to say that GM Corp screwed up when they stopped producing this beautiful road car! There is no car in my opinion that compares with this ride and stability that the Park offers. I have driven the new Lucerne and was in fact, disappointed! Wake up GM. Don't force me to purchase a "foreign car"

Mostly the comfort that the Buick offers and the leg room in the back seat. I just plain loved the whole car.

Bring back the Park Avenue and get rid of the Caddies