Used 2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Nice, quiet, and fun to drive
By rlbumich

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this vehicle for a week now. Great ride! Quiet cabin interior. Has all the options that I was looking for in a luxury car. It is like I am riding on air. Engine is quiet and I barely notice it--only in high exceleration. Ride is smooth and car handles well in traffic. Recently, JDP has given this 2007 Buick Lucerne a favorable quality rating with Lexus. No problem operating the features of the car and; handles well on the highway and; so far good milege in the city. Some consumers have made quality complaints about their car and I have yet to experience them. Overall, so far, no lemon here! Again, for me this is a fine luxury car not at the high end price!

Quiet tuning, ultrasonic rear parking assist, rainsense wipers, DIC, lumbar support, dual zone climate control, and H/AC seats, and heated SW.

Need more space for brake padel and accelerator-those with large feet or ware boots etc; Fuel door could have had a lock or latch placed in glovebox; truck release could have been put somewhere underneath the stearing column.

Impressed
By Bill

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in 1999 Park Avenue Ultra. I have bought many new cars in the last 40 years. This Lucerne I feel is by far the finest one of all. Great comfort, good fuel ecomy. Took trip with crise on and got 27.5 miles to the gallon. A very enjoyable car to own and drive. Extremely quiet and a joy to drive.

Simple, but very funtional dash. 3 level, optional area heated seats. Everyone I talk to told me it was by far the best new car they have owned.

Impressive
By John

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had SUVs for the past 10 years, the ride from my CXL is impressive. The standard features in the CXL are admirable. I am not impressed with the fuel economy at this point in time. A well constructed quality auto.

Rainsensing wipers and dual power seats.

I can not think of any.

Falling apart
By thirty year owner

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the car only 600 miles and today as I opened the front driver side door the door handle pulled out of the door frame. It took me a good while to try to get it back in so that I could get into the car. I finally did but have no idea whether the same thing will happen again. I have just had it into the dealer to repair a dent in the make ready opearation and hate to think about having it tied up for another long trip to the dealer. Are others having trouble indicating such sloppy workmanship? Such a mishap makes me wonder whether I can trust the car or not. The so-called cool seats do not cool much of the seat.

Drives well. Radio very good tone. Seems quiet. have no long trips yet but seems comfortable. Back seats nice. Large trunk.

Quality control! And perhaps design in the door handle...just hope nothing else such as this takes place.

Bought in a rush
By David McLanahan

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

For once a hasty decision on my part turned out good. Upon leaving my sister's home after a two week visit and having my old car all packed to return to Florida, it wouldn't start! I'd had problems with it before. Sister screams at me to buy a new car. I remembered my nephew a day earlier telling me about the Buick Lucerne. A car with class and enough room for my 6'5" frame.I dismissed his opinion. I've never thoughtabout owning a Buick? Sister dialed a family friend and handed me the phone. Turned out to be a salesman for the Buick dealer I was so stressed i told him to work me a deal and he did. a Lucerne!.The return trip to Florida was fantastic.. I love the car!

OnStar, phone, mileage, the gps system, warranty, not to mention a quiet ride and good mpg!

A hood emblem would be great..as an accessory to be installed by the dealer. The rear view is sort of blah..but you can't have everything.